Iguchi very close to signing a 2 yr deal?

Winnin Ugly

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if Iguchi fails to totally pan out, a move like this could reap its benefits by broadening our fanbase, as well as give us the inside track (by signing to former-Japanase players in a row in Shingo and Iguchi) to the stud 24 year-old next winter.

Also, at the very least, Iguchi should be able to hit left-handed pitchers well enough to platoon with Harris -- if, like I said, the very worst happens... If we do, however, get the Iguchi of the past two seasons, then we have an awesome two-hole hitter, and a potential leadoff hitter incase Podsednik flops...

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
My japanese friend read on Iguchi Website that he is in chicago taking a physical and according to Iguchi agent  it is close to getting done a 2 yr deal for 5.85 and a team option for a 3 yr year.

I dont live in Chicago so was wondering has this been reported by any chgo radio station..

Aren't you the same guy from California that came up with all those Giants rumors?

Durham, Nen!?

...cause, I think you are.

EDIT: You also posted this a while back...

I just heard Mel Antonnen from USA Today on sporting news radio on Sirius that the Sox offer Iguchi a 3year 9-10M deal.. I dont know if this mean we are going to sign him

Fishy.Something-Smells-Fishy-Labethumb.jpg

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:59 PM)
If we get Iguchi, I believe that this team as is, will compete with the yanks for the Pennent.

Well, I wouldn't put THAT much stock into signing a guy I've never seen, but I would definitely by happy and very satisfied with our offseason. I wouldn't mind a pennent though.

Interesting this rumor has a highly specific number ... $5.85M.

Someone could certainly make that up, but it seems a little too specific and precise to be bulls***.

Plus it fits with the contract numbers from before.

Personally, I believe the signing will occur some time next week.

Well, I wouldn't put THAT much stock into signing a guy I've never seen, but I would definitely by happy and very satisfied with our offseason.  I wouldn't mind a pennent though.

your probley right, but with the additions and subtractions KW has made (jose, mags, schoenwies), i think we can win the division and with Buehrle and Garcia, who knows how far we can go, but your right we gotta get there first.