Iguchi very close to signing a 2 yr deal?

Winnin Ugly

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 12:02 AM)
Aren't you the same guy from California that came up with all those Giants rumors?

Durham, Nen!?

...cause, I think you are.

EDIT: You also posted this a while back...

I just heard Mel Antonnen from USA Today on sporting news radio on Sirius that the Sox offer Iguchi a 3year 9-10M deal.. I dont know if this mean we are going to sign him

Fishy.Something-Smells-Fishy-Labethumb.jpg

Lay off a bit, Addy.

He's probably just posting what he's hearing, nothin' wrong with that. And, it's most likely that the Durham rumor was true -- just because Durham isn't on the Sox now, doesn't mean that things weren't talked about.

Like Jim/Steff always say, these deals are always talked about. Rarely do they come to fruition, but I always like when people post the stuff they hear (as long as the people have a good track record, and, IMHO, Winnin Ugly hasn't shown anything that shows he's a liar). Nothing wrong with that, but that's JMHO.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 06:43 PM)
Take it fwiw in one of the forums on Japanesebaseball.com someone posted that Jayson Stark said that Iguchi is very close to signing a 3 year deal with the sox, I personally haven't heard anything but just posting what I saw, once again take it fwiw.

I would like to know where he heard that from.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 12:45 AM)
From the poker face KW gave at Soxfest, I figured we were close to something with Iguchi.

Hopefully the Sox will be able to announce his signing in the coming days.

Is it just me, or is Kenny pretty bad at keeping his poker face straight?

Right when we (meaning the crowd @ Soxfest) asked him about Iguchi, he started laughing a bit to himself. He gave the company line answer, but you know/knew that he was going hard after him...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 06:49 PM)
Is it just me, or is Kenny pretty bad at keeping his poker face straight?

Right when we (meaning the crowd @ Soxfest) asked him about Iguchi, he started laughing a bit to himself.  He gave the company line answer, but you know/knew that he was going hard after him...

He's awful, if there is ever a real soxtalk poker tournament he's invited :P

Take it fwiw in one of the forums on Japanesebaseball.com someone posted that Jayson Stark said that Iguchi is very close to signing a 3 year deal with the sox, I personally haven't heard anything but just posting what I saw, once again take it fwiw.

http://japanesebaseball.com/forum/thread.j...=46&thread=6489

Guest: Tony Marchino

Iguchi is Very Close to Signing with the WhiteSox

Posted: Jan 22, 2005 3:50 AM

Jayson Stark is reporting that Tadahito Iguchi is very close to signing a 3 year deal with the WhiteSox.

From JapaneseBaseball.com forums

Re: Where Does Iguchi Go Now?  Posted: Jan 21, 2005 1:03 PM 

Reply to this message  Reply

Posted by: TimC51    Posts: 12 / From: Yokohama / Registered: Jan, 2005

According to Daily Sports [Link] (Japanese language), Iguchi's agent, Richard Moss, has made a new proposal (on 19 Jan, U.S. time) to the White Sox for 2 years at 3 million per year. No other (MLB) teams have shown any serious interest, according to the article. So it looks like it will be the White Sox if they can come to a compromise.

Don't think I saw this posted. I usually don't quote message boards but this includes a quote from a newspaper.