Winnin Ugly

Iguchi very close to signing a 2 yr deal?

My japanese friend read on Iguchi Website that he is in chicago taking a physical and according to Iguchi agent it is close to getting done a 2 yr deal for 5.85 and a team option for a 3 yr year.

I dont live in Chicago so was wondering has this been reported by any chgo radio station..

I edited this to include a question mark since no other source has reported this information.

If true, I'd be estatic.

Even if Iguchi fails to totally pan out, a move like this could reap its benefits by broadening our fanbase, as well as give us the inside track (by signing to former-Japanase players in a row in Shingo and Iguchi) to the stud 24 year-old next winter.

Also, at the very least, Iguchi should be able to hit left-handed pitchers well enough to platoon with Harris -- if, like I said, the very worst happens... If we do, however, get the Iguchi of the past two seasons, then we have an awesome two-hole hitter, and a potential leadoff hitter incase Podsednik flops...

i'd love 2 c this deal go through and put the ! on KWs offseason..this team could use sum much needed depth up the middle i mean hell all of us here obviously arent set as Mr.Harris being our everyday 2B...kudos kenny helluva job :D

My lineup would be

Scott Podsednik LF

Tadahito Iguchi 2B

Aaron Rowand CF

Frank Thomas DH

Paul Korenko 1B

Jermaine Dye RF

Aj Pierzynski C

Juan Uribe SS

Joe Crede 3B

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:53 PM)
I wish I  knew how to read japanese

Yah, I checked his website and got nowhere. Tried reading it upside down and that didn't help either.

ESPN 1000 did say that Sox still have interest in Iguchi... they reported that today, so things may be stirring up

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 05:57 PM)
Yah, I checked his website and got nowhere.  Tried reading it upside down and that didn't help either.

I tried reading it in a mirror and also standing on my head and all I got was a headache... :bang

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
My japanese friend read on Iguchi Website that he is in chicago taking a physical and according to Iguchi agent  it is close to getting done a 2 yr deal for 5.85 and a team option for a 3 yr year.

I dont live in Chicago so was wondering has this been reported by any chgo radio station..

Aren't you the same guy from California that came up with all those Giants rumors?

Durham, Nen!?

...cause, I think you are.

EDIT: You also posted this a while back...

I just heard Mel Antonnen from USA Today on sporting news radio on Sirius that the Sox offer Iguchi a 3year 9-10M deal.. I dont know if this mean we are going to sign him

Fishy.Something-Smells-Fishy-Labethumb.jpg

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:59 PM)
If we get Iguchi, I believe that this team as is, will compete with the yanks for the Pennent.

Well, I wouldn't put THAT much stock into signing a guy I've never seen, but I would definitely by happy and very satisfied with our offseason. I wouldn't mind a pennent though.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 05:58 PM)
ESPN 1000 did say that Sox still have interest in Iguchi... they reported that today, so things may be stirring up

i hope that we do get him signed. this could turn out to be a great pickup for the sox. :pray

Guest JimH

Interesting this rumor has a highly specific number ... $5.85M.

Someone could certainly make that up, but it seems a little too specific and precise to be bulls***.

Plus it fits with the contract numbers from before.

Personally, I believe the signing will occur some time next week.

Well, I wouldn't put THAT much stock into signing a guy I've never seen, but I would definitely by happy and very satisfied with our offseason.  I wouldn't mind a pennent though.

your probley right, but with the additions and subtractions KW has made (jose, mags, schoenwies), i think we can win the division and with Buehrle and Garcia, who knows how far we can go, but your right we gotta get there first.

I'm definately not sold on iguchi

OBP's

1999 -- age 25 -- .310

2000 -- age 26 -- .317

2001 -- age 27 -- .346

2002 -- age 28 -- .317

2003 -- age 29 -- .438

2004 -- age 30 -- .394

Which of those numbers are we supposed to belive, the ones hovering around .300 or those of the last 2 seasons?