Bulls vs Pistons

SoxAce

Well, the Bulls will go for their second try of a .500 record tonight against a division foe, Detroit. Haven't started a game thread at all for the Bulls so maybe with alittle help of Ace's magic, we can pull a win out of our hats. :headbang And no jokes about me eigher.. :lol: :P

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)
Prediciton...

Bulls not so great on the road.

Detriot solid at home.

Defending champs are damn hot.

Pistions will be pissed off looking to bounce back from loss at Mill.

Bulls-83

Pistons-95

We keep them under 100 ( which we should) i am happy.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 01:54 PM)
If we don't win tonight, .500 may be tough to get before March.

Wrong. The Bulls next 5 games after Detroit are all winnable. @Atlanta, Denver, Charlotte, Boston, @New Jersey. We may not stay at .500 for long because the next 5 games will all be tough games to win, but they should be able to get there even if only for a short while.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 02:31 PM)
Wrong. The Bulls next 5 games after Detroit are all winnable. @Atlanta, Denver, Charlotte, Boston, @New Jersey. We may not stay at .500 for long because the next 5 games will all be tough games to win, but they should be able to get there even if only for a short while.

Say we lose tonight, then we have to beat ATL and Denver to get back to .500.

Denver is no push over, neither is NJ, or Boston.

I never said we can't do it...I just said it would be tough.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 08:39 PM)
Say we lose tonight, then we have to beat ATL and Denver to get back to .500.

Denver is no push over, neither is NJ, or Boston.

I never said we can't do it...I just said it would be tough.

well, technically there is no real sure win then if you are saying that boston is not a pushover. They should not be able to compete with our size and they do. So we don't have any sure wins or losses as i have learned...

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 02:43 PM)
They have still won seven out of their last ten.

Very true, but but you will still have little confidence if your team has lost it's last two games especially against losing teams like Orlando and Milwakee regardless if it was away games cause that's no excuse (even worse for a team that won it all last season.)

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
Very true, but but you will still have little confidence if your team has lost it's last two games especially against losing teams like Orlando and Milwakee regardless if it was away games cause that's no excuse (even worse for a team that won it all last season.)

Both of those losses were on the road. Losing to them still suck but at least they did not lose at home. Now they are coming home to play the bulls who they have pwned since jordan left.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 02:53 PM)
Now they are coming home to play the bulls who they have pwned since jordan left.

December 22nd: Bulls 89, Pistons 82 @ Detroit. Some pwnage huh.

They did it before, they can do it again. I wouldn't pick the Bulls in this one, but I'm just saying it's possible.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)
December 22nd: Bulls 89, Pistons 82 @ Detroit. Some pwnage huh.

They did it before, they can do it again. I wouldn't pick the Bulls in this one, but I'm just saying it's possible.

I said since jordan left, implying more than just this year.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 03:11 PM)
I said since jordan left, implying more than just this year.

What's the difference? That's the past. This team doesn't deserve comparisons to the other post Jordan teams other than the fact that they are way better than those teams.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 03:12 PM)
What's the difference? That's the past. This team doesn't deserve comparisons to the other post Jordan teams other than the fact that they are way better than those teams.

People always say in the last twenty years so and so has been manhandled going just 2-38. Even when the teams may be totally different years later, some teams always seem to have the edge, even if they have a worse team. The refs at the palace always seem dirty as f***, billups can punch hinrich in the face and it will go unnoticed. But if hinrich sneezes on billups it will be a foul.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 02:53 PM)
Both of those losses were on the road.

What's your point. In their winning streak their first two games were on the road and they beat the decent teams. So it really doesn't make a difference. They have a losing skid goin, and they have lost to two teams with losing records and they are playing a team with a losing record tonight.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
What's your point. In their winning streak their first two games were on the road and they beat the decent teams. So it really doesn't make a difference. They have a losing skid goin, and they have lost to two teams with losing records and they are playing a team with a losing record tonight.

Losing on the road is totally different from losing at home. That is my point.