Complete The Sentence...

CWSGuy406

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 02:17 AM)
I love it.

Press conference prior to the Sox/Cubs game in which Garcia is slated to pitch:

Media : Freddie, do you know who you'll be pitching against in the...

Freddie : IT DOESN'T MATTER!#$!  Because when that day comes...FINALLLLLLY, the Sox will have come back...to the biggest damn urinal in the world, Wrigley field.  And when we head down to yuppie-ville, convienently located on the corner of the Cubs better know their damn role boulevard and jabronie drive, I'm gonna lay the smack down on ALL their roody-poo candy asses!  Theres gonna be curveballs, fastballs, this ball and that ball...and the Cubs are gonna be chokin' on Sox balls, all...night...long!  The peoples pitcher has spoken...if ya smelllllllllll-l-l-l-l-lahhh...what the SOX...are cookin'. :chair

Wow...I have too much time on my hands. :D :headbang

NICE!!!!

:headbang

He does! Rocky "PUKE" Biddle.

Randy Johnson (long hair version) should run around DDT'ing people who try to take his pictures. :) Randy "The Snake" Johnson.

Shinjo is that one Tajari guy. :ph34r:

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 05:28 PM)
I always thought Rocky Biddle looked like Droz.

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 05:28 PM)
I always thought Rocky Biddle looked like Droz.

ROFL!!! OMG!! U R Correct.

Critic, I would agree with you except Rick White needs a hump to look more like Bastion. Bastion had one of the grossest looking outfits, and used to eat pudding before his matches. :headshake

newbooger51.jpg

We heard you the first and second time...but after the third time, I really understood what you meant. :bang

:D

QUOTE(Cloudyguy09 @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 05:39 PM)
I think Frank for offense and El Duque for starting pitching and for bullpen i say Marte i decided to add a bullpen guy :D

spod.. if this guy can revert to his playing days in 2003 we will have a serious stud manuvering LF and no im not talking bout el caballo..pitching-el duque it is vital he stays away from the injury hes been plagued by injuries in the past but this is a stud pitcher when healthy and a very good postseason pitcher...if we can make it :pray anyways just my 2 cents

Pods - If he can hit .300 and his OBP is .330+ that causes major problems for the defense trying to hold him on. The whole infield is worrying about the steal and leaning towards covering it. It also divides the pitchers attention from the batter. If Pods has a good year the players batting behind him reap the benifits and the whole offense has a good year.

Pitcher? - I think that our starters are in good shape (Garland is a good #4 pitcher and a really good #5 pitcher). I also think our middle relievers and setup men are some of the best in the AL. That leaves our closer from the land of the rising sun to prove he can shut down the opposition through a whole season and I think he may be the key to the pitching staff.

I see a lot of talk about Thomas needing to produce. This is true, but now that Konerko has reached the 40 homer level, Thomas isn;t the only feared hitter in the club.

But Konerko and Thomas aside, I agree 100% that it has to be Crede on offense and Contreras on defense.

We know that when Thomas and Konerko get hot, that it seems to affect everyone, but Crede has great potential. If he could find his swing, then that's when the fireworks start. If he hadn't dragged ass last season, it could have been an entirely different team. At times last season, Konerko was carrying the team. That's just unacceptable. No one player should be counted on. Having added all of the new talent this year, we have excellent chances, but we also need to worry about the old talent. Crede fills the spot at third quite nicely. Hell, the best since Robin Ventura, but he needs to concentrate on his hitting this spring.

Contreras on the other hand is one hell of a thrower, if he can find his spot and control his speed. The man can pitch lights out. If he gains better control, he;ll dominate. He can throw as hard as anyone.

Actually, I don't want to say any one pitcher for defense. We need our starting rotation to be strong and consistent. I can't see pointing th finger at any one player. If our starters can get the job done, we won't have to rely on the bullpen for so much. Last year we seemd to ask for some miracles sometimes.

The point is to look at your weaknesses and not your strenghts.

We know that Thomas (if healthy) and Konerko will do well. We know that we have good pitchers on both the starting rotation and in the bullpen, but what we need to focus on is making sure that the guys who aren't keeping up to par do well.

To bring out the old quote....a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.