Maggs Update; Tigers are Close

joeynach

QUOTE(AstralSox @ Jan 30, 2005 -> 12:15 PM)
Cubs most definately.  Sorry guys I don't hate the Cubs the way most Sox fans do.

Interpretation: Roots for the Cubs on the side or when the Sox are eliminated. (See 2003 season.)

Further interpretation: Cannot be classified as a Sox fan.

:P

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interpretation: Roots for the Cubs on the side or when the Sox are eliminated. (See 2003 season.)

Very well put, I was thinking of posting but felt it would come out too venomous!

Ok here is the latest on the Mets Entering the fray. Don't shoot the messenger.

Ny media (660 the fan- Mets baseball host Ed Coleman) has just announced that Mets GM Omar Minaya has his eyes set on Magglio and will outbid any team to get him. He (coleman) feels that Magglio's relationship with ex Whitesox manager, Manuel, whom he had an excellent relationship with will help in the recruiting. The Fan is saying that the Mets are now the heavy favorties to land Magglio Ordonez

Coleman said that the Mets GM has had his eyes set on Ordonez since he got the job.

Mets GM is going to see the workout this week with teams doctors.

Coleman also said that the Mets have the money to outbid Detroit. He also said that the Cubs and Rangers were not going to be serious players for Maggs.

Last thing he stated was that Mets GM said to him that he would be willing to go 12 mil a year gauranteed with incentives that could take the contract to as high as 14-15 mil a year but will only be willing to go 5 years max.

Love it. This would be great. No Tigers, no Cubs. He will love it in NY and fit in well with all the other overpaid underproducers.

I don't believe that Mets rumor. I think he's already a Tiger. All things considered, I think Maggs (if he gets 5 years at $11-12mil) did very well for himself. I wouldn't worry about the Tigers either, even if they signed Maggs. Remember when we had a healthy Thomas, Ordonez, Konerko, and Lee in the lineup? Were the Twins scared? No.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 30, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)

What are you a f***in' idiot. Just because I don't needlessly hate a team that happens to share the same city. Yeah Cub fans are annoying at times. That why I ignore them. How dare you :finger

I have mulling over this whole Magglio thing. I was really pissed off at him at first, but then I decided that it was probably for the better. Obviously, if he would have signed then this Sox team would still have a lot of holes. Magglio was a fan favorite here, never started any problems and was a true professional. He did a lot of great things in a Sox uniform and as a Sox fan, I will always liek him for that. As is unavoidable in all sports, contracts expire and players switch team. I'm going to do a complete 180 and say good luck Maggs wherever you go. Just don't go North.

QUOTE(AstralSox @ Jan 31, 2005 -> 07:45 AM)
Funny, and I thought all the morons posted on the Chisox.com messageboard.  I came here to get away from that.  I guess it's impossibe to escape.  :headshake

Well maybe you should go back. I really don't believe I used words like Idiot or moron. I agreed with someone other than yourself. Doesn't make me a moron, just a point of view. There is always Whitesoxinteractive.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jan 31, 2005 -> 06:58 AM)
Well maybe you should go back. I really don't believe I used words like Idiot or moron. I agreed with someone other than yourself. Doesn't make me a moron, just a point of view. There is always Whitesoxinteractive.

That AstralSox guy has to be a cub fan, he's using Todd Hollingsworth for his avitar.

Didn't someone from the Tigers organization say that the supposed offer by them is BS? If it really is on the table and Maggs is damaged goods, he should take it and run. If he really is close to 100% healthy, then he should sign for 1 year somewhere, like the Cubs, prove himself, then go for the big loot in 06.

QUOTE(SABRSox @ Jan 31, 2005 -> 07:29 AM)
I don't believe that Mets rumor.  I think he's already a Tiger.  All things considered, I think Maggs (if he gets 5 years at $11-12mil) did very well for himself.  I wouldn't worry about the Tigers either, even if they signed Maggs.  Remember when we had a healthy Thomas, Ordonez, Konerko, and Lee in the lineup?  Were the Twins scared?  No.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jan 31, 2005 -> 07:58 AM)

No you see it does make you a moron because you based your statement on complete lies. I don't care if you agree with me or not. It was personal attack. Oh well :P

If I'm the Tigs I hold at 4. There is no other team any where near 44/4.

They are simply bidding against themselves. With the O's getting Sosa, they drop out of Maggs. The Mets & the Cub have a lukewarm interest at best.

Certainly nothing more than a 20M/2 deal. Maggs may be holding out for the Cub. But that's no reason for the Tigs to offer a 5th yr.

The last player holding out for the Cub was Thome. The offer was so low he quickly signed with the Phils for 20M more.

QUOTE(AstralSox @ Jan 31, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
No you see it does make you a moron because you based your statement on complete lies.  I don't care if you agree with me or not.  It was personal attack.  Oh well  :P

I don't see anything personal about it. Quickman literally agreed with another poster's contention that you are really a cub fan ..... that's it. He offered no additional comment (malicious or not). :headshake

You need to drop the defensiveness and roll with the punches like you did with the "Hollandsworth" dig. :lolhitting I don't doubt your Sox fandom even though you're neutral on the cubs, but you must realize you are a rare breed in that respect. At least on Sox internet boards.

QUOTE(southsider17 @ Jan 31, 2005 -> 03:11 PM)
I don't see anything personal about it.  Quickman literally agreed with another poster's contention that you are really a cub fan ..... that's it.  He offered no additional comment (malicious or not).  :headshake

You need to drop the defensiveness and roll with the punches like you did with the "Hollandsworth" dig.  :lolhitting I don't doubt your Sox fandom even though you're neutral on the cubs, but you must realize you are a rare breed in that respect.  At least on Sox internet boards.

Sorry, some people are just assholes. It was personal, and I had to let them know they were wrong, thank you. I'm done bumping this thread.