Keeping the Favorite Theme going

TheBlackSox8

I frequent Fast Food places around three times a week. My favorite fast food meal is the Chicken Bacon Swiss Combo from Arby's.....with Curly fries and a Dr. Pepper. I have other fast food meals i always order from different places...but the #7 from Arby's is my favorite.

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 12:00 AM)
I frequent Fast Food places around three times a week.  My favorite fast food meal is the Chicken Bacon Swiss Combo from Arby's.....with Curly fries and a Dr. Pepper.  I have other fast food meals i always order from different places...but the #7 from Arby's is my favorite.

arby's beef n' cheddar combo with curly fries and a coke... :headbang

Arby's used to have their "Philly Beef and Swiss sandwich" which i loved. Also Wendy's brings back from time to time their "Wild Mountain chicken sandwich" When my wife and i lived in southern illinois we loved going to Sonic's for just about anything on their menu.

juddling

I don't know if this counts, but when I'm back home--my family and I will go to this little Mexican resturant that's a few blocks from my house. Timewise, it's very fast. And sooooo tasty. I always have the bean tostadas meal. Yum...

Burger King Whopper is that king for me.

Sometimes though I need a Big Mac.

Zippy's Cheesy Beef is amazing, especially on the garlic bread.

Portillos Beef And Cheddar Croissant is just amazing.

Most any small joint for Hot Dogs will be killer.

Anybody remember Genies (I think that is the name) that used to be next door to The Thirsty Whale? BEST Dogs and fries ANYWHERE!!!

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 06:00 AM)
I frequent Fast Food places around three times a week. 

I frequent fast food places damn near every day, sometimes twice a day.

My favorite is either shrimp from the local fish markets, or a juicy beef sandwich loaded with hot peppers. Good beefs are hard to come by on the northwest side of Chicago...thank heaven for Rosati's.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 12:49 PM)
I've never understood the infatuation some people have for White Castle. I haven't had one in YEARS. They just built one not too far from me, maybe I should give it another chance?

The only thing I remember about White Castle was when I was younger my dad would take my sister and I there--and we would get fries and a chocolate shake and dip the fries in the shake.

Yummmmm....

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 06:49 PM)
I've never understood the infatuation some people have for White Castle. I haven't had one in YEARS. They just built one not too far from me, maybe I should give it another chance?

When it's 3 in the morning on a Saturday night and nothing else is open, I'll go for some sliders with extra pickles and no onions.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 12:29 PM)
I avoid fast food as much as possible (going once a month is alot for me).  But when I do go, I go to Rosie's on 103rd and Cicero for a Gyros dinner.  Mmmmmmm good!

That place always made a mean gyro (pronounced "jye-row," natch). I remember ordering a sandwich there one time with extra tzatsiki (the yogurt and cucumber gyro sauce), and the guy calls out an order for "One jye-row, extra jizz.":D

Back when there was a Zayer's (then became a K-Mart) across the street from there, there was an obligatory gyro stop after drunken the equally obligatory midnight blue-light Christmas shopping every December 23rd.

As far as favorite fast food that I can't get here, I'd say a monstrous El Faro burrito or some Harold's chicken... or better yet gizzards - with extra hot sauce and sopping bread.

For fast food I can get here, I like the big stuffed grilled steak burrito from Taco Bell. Not like an El Faro but it hits the spot.

I'm pretty big on non-chain fast food places, although I like Buena Beef and Portillo's. Ino's is a smaller Mexican food chain that I also like a lot. They have good burritos and decent tacos, but the real winner is the Bistec A La Mexicana. It's steak cut up with onions, green peppers, and jalapeno pieces. It's so good. The absolute king of fast food has to be Gene & Jude's though. It's a little place that serves nothing but hot dogs, tamales, and fries, but it's just awesome. Great dogs, awesome fries. There's always a line no matter what time it is.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 12:57 PM)
Anybody remember Genies (I think that is the name) that used to be next door to The Thirsty Whale? BEST Dogs and fries ANYWHERE!!!

Oh my God! The Thirsty Whale! What a dive! :lol: That hot dog place was killer! They'd smother the dog with fries!

QUOTE(mreye @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 01:16 PM)
Oh my God! The Thirsty Whale! What a dive!  :lol: That hot dog place was killer! They'd smother the dog with fries!

Best place to play shows at though! Plus a fave to see bands at. But the whole experience was just great, and the food next door made it that much better!

I loved the chicken cordon bleu from Arby's but they took it off the menu last december. Bastards!!!

I've been craving Long John Silver's for a little while and they are finally building a new one up the street from us. They tore down the only one in town about 5 years ago or more.

Does Boston Market count? It's a bit of a drive to get to one for me but it's always worth it. ;)