Soxtalk Keeper League

Chisoxfn

This thread will be closed a week from now and any team without keepers will be emailed by me (if I remember who the hell was in the league). If not, I will re-open the league to others. It will once again be a 12 team league based on a weekly lineup (not daily).

Remember, you get 4 keepers and then were going to do a minor league draft. We need to conduct a date for the minor league draft and I'm going to offer a few Saturday suggestions sometime in the next week or so.

So post your keepers in this thread. Unfortunately, I can't find my list of all the roster stuff. I know its somewhere in my house but I have no idea where. All my crap got moved when my dad got married and I can't find half of the stuff cause whatever I had laying around was basically put in some random spot.

Remember, its mandatory to keep two hitters and two pitchers. Note, I dropped the keeper total to 4.

My Keepers:

Vladdy Guerrero

Curt Schilling

Francisco Rodriguez (K-Rod)

Ivan Rodriguez

God damn, I didn't realize it was so tough. I wish I could of kept my entire team. The way we will do this is we'll randomize the draft order and in the first 4 rounds, you must pick your keepers players.

As far as the draft goes, the rule is we will draft 7 minor leaguers this year, and then 5 in each of the following years. You will have the rights to these players for 3 years and they won't have to be protected on the keeper list at the end of the seasons. They don't have to be on the active roster and those minor leaguers that have been drafted can not be claimed by another team.

Registered Teams:

Soxtalk Mallers (Chisoxfn)

Flairs (Danman)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the teams that were in it last year (I still need to figure out who the last team was, so if someone remembers please tell me, otherwise I'm gonna be digging up through so much crap to find the list I printed out).

Chisoxfn - Victory :)

Danman

Cheat

Soxfan420

Heads

Steff

Aboz

Supersteve

Asshat

Cy Young Porzio

Kapkomet

I'm not sure if everyone from this league is sticking in. I'm going to shoot everyone a PM just telling them to PM me there keepers and I'll post them here or for them to just reply here.

This is going to be finalized next week though.

It would major league screw me over if I had to keep 2 hitters and 2 pitches instead of just any 4 players. My thinking is that it wouldn't be to any cheating benefit for me to have 3 keeper pitchers because I'm only going to have 1 keeper hitter. Let's face it my lineup sucked, my best 2 hitters were Chavez and Kent. Meanwhile, Sabathia, Hudson, and Gagne all pitched for me... So can I just keep CC, Hudson, Game Over, and Chavez?

Yep, still weekly.

Anyway, I'm not gonna have any access this weekend and was busy doing interviews all yesterday so couldn't get the stuff out.

So please get your keepers posted and if you have a question on whether a guy was on your team just ask here and see if anyone claims him.

Stat Categories: R, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, K, E, AVG, OPS, W, L, CG, SHO, SV, BB, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

May I suggest we get rid of errors and shutouts if still possible? They are mostly luck in fantasy. Also, one is a hitting category while the other is pitching.

I like the idea of errors because I think defense should be a factor. The only other suggestion I could say is to go with assists instead of errors. But in general I think having a good defense should at least semi benefit to you.

I mean everyteam has a middle infielder (Which are more prone) so if you have better defense I don't mind seeing that team benefit in some way.

As far as shutouts go, I don't necessarily have a problem with that.

By the way Dan, you beat me to it, I was just going to post the point system and see if people wanted to see any changes.

The lineups will be the same as they were last year too, with every position mandatory except you must have a CF and then two generic OF. There are also 3 DL spots, unless people want to see us be able to use less or more.

Thanks Jas, I was able to find what my team looked like at one point last year

The Golf Club Team

C - Jorge Posada

1B - Nick Johnson

2B - Alfonso Soriano

SS - Angel Berroa / Bobby Crosby

3B - Mike Lowell

OF - Manny Ramirez

CF - Scott Podsednik / Corey Patterson

OF - Juan Gonzalez / Jody Gerut

SP - Kerry Wood / Wade Miller / Edwin Jackson

SP - Roger Clemens / Mike Hampton

SP - Carlos Zambrano / Dontrell Willis

RP - Billy Wagner / Rob Nen

RP - Arthur Rhodes / Shingo Takatsu

It looked a little different at the end of the year... I had Travis Hafner I know for sure, and I thought I had Konerko too. I think I drafted Konerko the round after Johnson.

AnyWay, I guess my keepers are gonna be Zambrano, Clemens, Ramirez, and Soriano.