Soxtalk Keeper League

Chisoxfn

ARRRGH. I almost completely forgot this forum.

My keepers - I still don't remember my roster except I had A-Rod...

Am I too late? Or can I have this together by tomorrow? And YES I will play this year. I'm out for vengance because I finished last last year, you @#$@%ssss! :)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 05:25 PM)
Ya, I think the only person I've yet to here back from is Steff, but she may of PM'd me and I forgot (I'm horrible with PM's). 

So Bullard will be the addition to the league.

I did PM you.. TWICE!!! I can't for the life of me remember any of my roster except for Ray :unsure:

What do you want me to do now..?? :huh

For those that can't remember, we could do something where we make like a mini keeper draft for those people since I made a mistake.

Where they can chose the available players. Sorry I didn't get back to any PM's, was away from a computer over the weekend and last night was too lazy to respond to anything, lol.

But ya, we still have time so get on over to yahoo and register :)

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 09:12 AM)
Ok.. so what's the verdict on those of us that don't have a clue who was on our team..??? Isn't the draft tomorrow..? What if I can't be there.. is that auto thing avaliable again?

Relax. The draft is March 6th.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
Relax. The draft is March 6th.

:P Dan...

I don't think I can make it Sunday either which is why I'm asking about the auto thing. I remember a few people did it like that last year.

For those that don't have keepers, make sure you give me your names and I'll find a way to do the draft for you. Basically go through and make your personal rankings and list them somewhere between 1-4 the guys you plan on keeping.

For those, and there are a few that don't have keepers, you'll have access to start drafting from the get go, but you cna't grab anyone on the list of keepers.

So Steff, just go in and prerank yours with Ray Durham #1, then for the rest go with whoever and I will ask that once I have everyones keepers posted that you make sure to put hte other keepers at the very bottom of your list.

After Round 4 it will be a free for all. And Kap get your butt signed up, I think your the only one who hasn't.

Nevermind Kap, its boz that still has to register. Actually I've yet to hear back from him with a yes or no so I don't know if he's interested. I'll catch him on aim, if not, there will be one opening and we'll quickly add someone.

I guarantee the draft will get screwed up due to people not changing the default rankings and taking players other than their keepers. Is there a way to make the keepers undraftable? This way the draft would go smoothly.

Edited by danman31

Would you guys prefer that? Then we can do it at whatever time possible. We got to decide by Saturday. I really have no problem with that. Actually regardless we should do it that way, but we have to make sure everyone is there because there is no auto draft feature.

League has been filled and I'm gonna make a list of the keepers for every team nad post them so hopefully I have everyones minus the few players that will be straight drafting.

I need to do this to ensure that I can figure out away around the accidental draft by someone not there.

I figured early morning not many people have plans. Cause its tough to make it work for everyone.

Anyway, Porzio's keepers are:

Prior

Tejada

Beltre

Carl Crawford

On a sidenote, for those that won't be there for the draft, I'm gonna have a whole keeper list done tonigth and you need by hand move those guys away from your pick list so you don't auto draft them.

Ok I only got Keepesr from these players:

Chisoxfn

Vladdy Guerrero

Ivan Rodriguez

Curt Schilling

Frankie Rodriguez (K-Rod)

Danman (Flairs)

CC Sabathia

Eric Gagne

Tim Hudson

Eric Chavez

Heads

Mark Buehrle

Jason Schmidt

Albert Pujols

Rocco Baldelli

Soxfan420

Ichiro Suzuki

Derek Jeter

Pedro Martinez

Brandon Lidge

SuperSteve

Barry Bonds

Scott Rolen

David Ortiz

Jason Isringhausen

Kapkomet

Alex Rodriguez

Michael Young

Cheat (GolfClub Team)

Carlos Zambrano

Roger Clemens

Manny Ramirez

Alfonso Soriano

Steff

Ray Durham

Cy Young Porzio

Adrian Beltre

Carl Crawford

Miguel Tejada

Mark Prior

The other players are Bullard, Asshat, Cerbaho, and

ok, that's a hell of a lot of players to go in there by hand and remove? Perhaps I am not as up to speed as I should be.

I'll try to get this set up, but if I or anyone else screws up, can we just trade around and make sure that this happens the way it's supposed to?

I think we can. I know I can edit rosters or something and my plan would be to do so. The thing that sucks is there was nowhere where I could edit the default ranks to remove the preselects. If I could it would of been cake.

And asshat, I know you had Miguel cause I remember trying to pick him up. And you must have Beltran cause he is one of the guys still out there.

Also, if someone is not at the draft and accidentally drafts your player. Then when that persons turn comes up, they will draft the next auto rated player available, and then we'll swap the two spots.

If that makes sense, I hope it does.

Basically lets say Kapkomet's spot comes up and he drafts Carlos Beltran (he's not at the draft so it auto takes it). Obviously thats asshats guy so when Asshat comes up to pick, instead of taking Beltran, he will take the next best player thats not on the keeper (not in his mind, but on the default rankings, because I think thats the most accurate way of doing so) meaning lets say Randy Johnson is that player because he's gonna be someones keeper who can't attend the draft (none of the current teams have him).

Anyway then I'll type this stuff into a word document and it will be mandatory to swap these players. So Kap would get RJ by example and Asshat would get Beltran in a deal.

This may have to happen once or twice, but it should be simple enough.