Sox1422

DBAH0

TheBones

Chisox_Sonix

Witesoxfan

Whitesoxin'

Mathew

BigRed3535

These are the members of league one, as the people in it know.

First order of business is to start thinking about a good day and time of the week to have a draft. This is obviously going to be a head to head live draft league.

These are the categories we used last year.

R HR RBI SB E AVG OPS

W L SV BB K ERA WHIP

How do those sound?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 12, 2005 -> 08:38 AM)
Draft times which are the best for me (after March 1), are Sunday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday Nights.

And just gimme Santana and Schmidt again (Jamie Moyer is available Wite), and I'll be kept happy.  ;)

Are those our times or your times D?

Not sure how well Sunday night works for me..I usually have bowling from about 4-7 on Sundays, and then I have dinner right after that...we do have our end of the year tournament soon, though I am not sure when that is.

Tuesday nights after 8:30 usually do not work so well either.

I am hopefully getting a job soon...even though I have been "looking" for about 4 months now...so we'll see how that works.

If we can get one in early March, that would be fine.

March is better than February for me, plus if we have it later we can take into account early Spring Training injuries. Also, as far as stats categories go, I suggested this last year and still prefer it:

1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, R, SB, E, OPS

as opposed to

R HR RBI SB E AVG OPS

I think it makes it a little more interesting when evaluating players, and makes players like Lyle Overbay, who hit over 50 doubles but only 18 or so home runs, more valuable, so you don't always have to go for the home-run basher to win the league. I think the original system doesn't take into account the strengths and weaknesses of many players.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 10:44 PM)
Looks like it. I don't think many people will be able to go for the times you've suggested Knight.

Yeah, it looks like everyone else who has posted, has said that a weekday evening works best for them. I have seen no one else mention weekends as a good time. Sorry.

QUOTE(The Bones @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 01:07 PM)
My one worry about the categories is that everyone could try to load up on hitters and just forget about their pitchers because there are more hitting categories than pitching, but I don't really care. If everyone else is fine with that then so am I.

I would think about maybe adding 2 categories for pitchers to try and even that out...but then whehter we want it to be reliever friendly or starter friendly comes into play.

If we want it starter friendly, we can use innings pitched as one of the stats, and if we want it reliever friendly, we can use holds. I figure we might think about adding losses...not exactly sure if we wanna do that though

I think I would agree.

The one thing I like and yet don't like about it at the same time is that it gives some setup men about as much value as closers. I wish we could make saves count as double, to emphasize that closers are more important than relievers, but I disgress.

IP and holds sound OK to everyone else, or nay?