Soxtalk.com game?

Y2HH

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
And at Soxfest he let us walk right by supposedly.

I did that because I never know what people could say, "hey, its that jackass who makes those f***ed up threads..." or, my favorite one, which someone has said to me before "how do you feel about showering, what were u thinking when u ripped one?"

Yes the threads were inexcuseable, however, I believe in redemption, and theres some people out there who don't, and judge off a few times.

Not saying you are, ss2k4, you are a good person, theres just some people who can't get over an immature 8th grader. silly, isn't it?!

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)
You've been invited to meet many of us many times at many games.

Lack of communication then I guess. I panic without numbers to call people with. theres lots of quality posters I've met on the board.

And then theres that Addison kid...crazy ass kid, :bang ...Ian's cool, no worries Ian :P

Edited by Beastly

And by the way, I understand people have their differences...but this message board/community is here for the fact we all have something in common here, we love the White Sox. We may disagree or even agree to disagree on certain things...but to bring it to violence is merely immature and childish.

If that's what you do, meet people online, get into online arguments with them, bicker back and fourth and then ask to meet them in order to fight...you need to see professional help.

To the rest of you who are here for the same reason as me, to meet interesting people and have interesting baseball conversations/throw a few jokes around...if I ever meet ya at a game, I'll buy ya a beer, and if you're not old enough for beer...too bad! :D

QUOTE(Beastly @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 10:08 PM)
I did that because I never know what people could say, "hey, its that jackass who makes those f***ed up threads..." or, my favorite one, which someone has said to me before "how do you feel about showering, what were u thinking when u ripped one?"

Yes the threads were inexcuseable, however, I believe in redemption, and theres some people out there who don't, and judge off a few times.

Not saying you are, ss2k4, you are a good person, theres just some people who can't get over an immature 8th grader. silly, isn't it?!

or.........just say 'hey whatsup? and introduce yourself.'

i even did it to the 'godly' southsider at the fest.

:lol:

I have posted some of the most raunchy, awful things on this board in its history, yet i'd have no problem meeting any of you. Its all about confidence baby... thats what its all about.

The bathing thing... well thats a whole different story... Zest is maybe a solution.

Y2HH, I can assure you that there are several posters here that enjoy meeting folks from Soxtalk. I was the fortunate recipient of a wonderful welcome when I made the trip up from Kentucky a couple of summers ago. I'm hoping to make at least one trip to the Cell this year. If I make, I'll be looking for you to get that beer. :cheers

Don't let it bother you... If whoever you meet ends up being that big of a b****, just never bother with them again. The people you miss meeting by being nervous are going to far outweigh the dumbasses you meet. I can vow for that. I have met tons of great people from here, and I am always happy to meet more. :headbang

After the season begins I'll definatly return and post something about setting this up, probably in late May/early June sometime as I'm not a huge fan of cold weather baseball. :D That way we can hope for some warmer weather and not freeze whilst' trying to enjoy drinking "cold beer heres" all night long. :D

I'll post a few dates in May and the one most people can make, we will probably try to go to!

I have met some people from here at games, soxfest, etc. Some have been cool and others turned out to be assholes.

Pick a game and I will meet you if I am there. Or, just go over to section 162 and yell, "Hey asshole!" and I will turn around to meet you.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 05:58 PM)
Was wondering if any of the Soxtalk.com "peep-u-lation" would care to plan a weekend game where we can all meet and take over the outfield above the bullpen? :D

Not sure who would be interested, but since I live in bport and have parking passes, I can help out with those for a few of you who don't.

Of course this is probably something you all do every year, but I've never been a part of it, so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in such a thing.

:cheers

Of course, I'd be interested in doing something like that. I too live in Bridgeport (roughly 31st and Halsted), so I can just walk from my place, or drive really close and park on the street with my Bridgeport resident parking pass.

I'd love to meet more than I have already met (Steff, who is flat-out cool, capn12, IlliniKrush, RedPinStripes, CubKilla, Mr.Showtime, to name a few...).

Heather Lee......I'll keep an eye out on this board for some dates & try to make it to one of the SoxTalk get togethers at the ballpark.

I have made plans to meet with fellow sox fans for a short tailgate party before the game. It was always lots of fun. We would meet near the port-a-potties by gate 2.

One time Mark Buehrle's brother was at the tailgate party.

I'll be looking forward to seeing some of you guys. :P I prefer warm weather too.