Got my fix

SOXFANSINCE72

For some strange reason I found myself going thru my old stuff in the attic. I pulled out a couple of boxes and found all sorts of great stuff. I was able to watch the final game at old Comiskey and showed my kids what the old park looked like. I recorded the whole game, pregame and postgame included - couldn't make it to the last game but I was there the night before, the final night game. It was nice to see and hear Hawk & Wimpy again. Does anyone know how to turn VHS into DVD? Also found all sorts of cards (some I didn't even know I had) and progams. I didn't realize I have Sox programs from 1980-1985, then again from 1989-1993, as well as the 93 playoff program. I know I have more recent stuff, including the 2000 playoff program.. if only I could remember where I put it. Thought I'd share that with you - I'd like to take pictures of some of this stuff and post but I don't know how. Maybe someone can teach this old dog a new trick.

:gosox3: :gosoxretro:

Edited by SOXFANSINCE72

I remember the first game in the new park.

I was in high school at the time. 5th period.

They had TVs in the room for this teenager news program called Channel 1.

Boy, it was tough watching the Tigers maul the Sox that day since the teacher was a Tigers fan.

QUOTE(knightni @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 07:35 AM)
I remember the first game in the new park.

I was in high school at the time. 5th period.

They had TVs in the room for this teenager news program called Channel 1.

Boy, it was tough watching the Tigers maul the Sox that day since the teacher was a Tigers fan.

My high school also had channel 1. But I skipped school and went ot the game. What a brutal start to the new park. :crying

Hey, YASNY or SoxFanSince72, could I get a copy of that game? Or do you know where I could get 1 from? I'm willing to pay more than just the shipping and tape cost. Let me know.

My high school also had channel 1.  But I skipped school and went ot the game.  What a brutal start to the new park.  :crying

Hey, YASNY or SoxFanSince72, could I get a copy of that game?  Or do you know where I could get 1 from?  I'm willing to pay more than just the shipping and tape cost.  Let me know.

Yes me also, I would love to get my hands on one of them..

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)
Yes me also, I would love to get my hands on one of them..

A little off subject...

My boss' grandmother has an original program from the 1906 World Series.

I made her a $50 offer, but for some reason she said no.

That is a piece of memorabilia I would love to get my hands on.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
We had Channel 1 also. Never really liked it that much. They did have one or two hot anchors though.

One of them from when I was in HS is an MTV VJ or whatever they call them now (considering they play very few videos).

Hey, YASNY or SoxFanSince72, could I get a copy of that game? Or do you know where I could get 1 from? I'm willing to pay more than just the shipping and tape cost. Let me know.

I'm going to see if I can get it put on DVD (ought to be interesting)then I can make copies. Email me so I can keep you infomed on the progress. I would like a copy of the last night game also.

I'm going to see if I can get it put on DVD (ought to be interesting)then I can make copies. Email me so I can keep you infomed on the progress. I would like a copy of the last night game also.

I'd love to be able to transfer some of my old videos to DVD. How the hell do you do that? If we can make this happen, I'd be glad to share what sports videos I have.

I'd love to be able to transfer some of my old videos to DVD. How the hell do you do that? If we can make this happen, I'd be glad to share what sports videos I have.

You will either need a DVD burner or you will have to take it to someone who does. Might be best to take it to a pro, someone who knows what they are doing.

I think it is my duty to inform you that you are violating the copyrights standards of Major League Basball by even posessing that tape. I've notified Bud Selig, and he sounded VERY concerned!

That said, I'd also be willing to pay for a copy. I was in college at the time and drove 500 miles back to the southside to go to that game. Icould also offer a trade, I have the Bears Super Bowl tape (taped directly from TV).

As far as the programs and other stuff goes, there is a HUGE market for that sort of memorbila on eBay.