I want Contreras

Chisoxfn

I've done some more reading on this guy, and right now he's 31 years old.

I don't know if anyone remembers back a couple years ago when the Orioles and Cuban team played an exhibition game, but Contreras was the pitcher who went 8 innings giving up somthing like 5 hits while striking out 10.

He is thought of as the best Cuban pitcher in the country and was 13-4 last season with an era under 2.00

If he is 31, then I say pick him up and sign him to say a 4 yr deal worth 16 million and lets see what the guy can do. Currently he's awaiting immigration news, but this guy sounds real good and if things go well he would be an awesome pick up for our rotation.

Jason, you scared me a bit there! I first thought you were wanting Nardi back...lol. You got me good!

Anyway, he sounds like he'd fit in our rotation fairly well, maybe a #2 or #3. I bet JR won't pay him though, which will make him desire going elsewhere.

Mark it may say that, but trust me that won't end up happening. If that were the case then El Duque and Livan Hernandez would of been in the draft.

These Cubans and the agents know how to get around things like this and its wise of them. I'd hate being in a draft at the age of 31 yrs old.