Dish Network. Thoughts?

Molto

Need some help. I may be switching to the Dish network through SBC ... they are offering, for $2 more a month, having it on two more TVs in my house. Anyway, I was calling them and trying to find out about Comcast Sportsnet Chicago, to see if they had it and the idiots were clueless as to what I was talking about.

Does anyone know if Dish Network has Comcast and if anyone has any thoughts on Comcast (signal, service,...etc.)?

Thanks.

I believe that the old fox sports got dropped and then it read something like, Comcast coming on april 1st 2005 or thereabouts. It was at my parents house that I saw this. Fox sports got dropped back in like oct or nov but I know for a fact it said they were getting comcast juts not sure the exact date but somewhere around opening day

Edited by Soxguy

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Feb 26, 2005 -> 04:30 PM)
I have Dish Network.... and yes were getting comcast on April 1st.

Thats why FSN was dropped.

I have Dish as well. I didn't know we werwe getting Comcast. Good to know. I was planning on dropping their asses if we didn't get it. Thanks for the good news!

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Feb 28, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
Most of my friends who have Dish Network have either gotten rid of it or switched to DirecTV.  Most of their complaints were about poor signal/service.

I've never had a problem with it. Now, my Uncle, who has Direct TV, loses his sgnal all the time. I guess it just depends on where you are.

QUOTE(mreye @ Feb 28, 2005 -> 02:01 PM)
I've never had a problem with it. Now, my Uncle, who has Direct TV, loses his sgnal all the time. I guess it just depends on where you are.

Perhaps. Then again, I don't even see the point of having Dish Network when you can't get the NFL, MLB, and NHL sports packages. In that case, you might as well just have cable (where the signal is much more reliable).

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Feb 28, 2005 -> 04:41 PM)
Perhaps.  Then again, I don't even see the point of having Dish Network when you can't get the NFL, MLB, and NHL sports packages.  In that case, you might as well just have cable (where the signal is much more reliable).

Ha! I lost cable at least once a week for more than 15 minutes. The longest I've lost DN is about 2 minutes twice in 5 years!

I'd like to have the NFL package, but can deal with it. MLB I can do without. There's enough baseball on ESPN and such. NHL? What's that?

QUOTE(Molto @ Feb 26, 2005 -> 01:56 PM)
Need some help. I may be switching to the Dish network through SBC ... they are offering, for $2 more a month, having it on two more TVs in my house. Anyway, I was calling them and trying to find out about Comcast Sportsnet Chicago, to see if they had it and the idiots were clueless as to what I was talking about.

Does anyone know if Dish Network has Comcast and if anyone has any thoughts on Comcast (signal, service,...etc.)?

Thanks.

I stayed with Comcast because I have an HDTV, and in order to get HD with satellite, you need to buy the expensive converter box. With Comcast, you just pay $5 a month for it, and if it breaks, you get a new one. The HD box, can run well over $500 for a good brand. How would I rate their service? Fair at best. But I wanted HD at a cheaper cost. And my cable never goes out.

I have DirecTV right now and like it, but it's in just one room. For the same price, Dish will put it in up to four rooms, and that includes Tivo. Plus, the bill will be included in the phone bill as it will be done through SBC, so one less bill to pay. We were ready to get it up this month, but after hearing that Comcast SportsNet won't be available till April, I held up and will install it for next month.

From what I'm hearing, Dish network either sucks or is great, so I'm assuming it all depends on the signal. I'm on the South Side, a couple blocks from the Cell. Anybody who lives in the city that has Dish?

QUOTE(Molto @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 03:50 PM)
I have DirecTV right now and like it, but it's in just one room. For the same price, Dish will put it in up to four rooms, and that includes Tivo. Plus, the bill will be included in the phone bill as it will be done through SBC, so one less bill to pay. We were ready to get it up this month, but after hearing that Comcast SportsNet won't be available till April, I held up and will install it for next month.

From what I'm hearing, Dish network either sucks or is great, so I'm assuming it all depends on the signal. I'm on the South Side, a couple blocks from the Cell. Anybody who lives in the city that has Dish?

We have DTVv in 5 rooms for what it was costing us for DN in 4 rooms and got 2 Tivo's. DN's customer service sucked royally and that's why we cancelled it. Nothing wrong with the service at all, and we've only had 1 interruption in service and that was when a hurricane was going on in Plainfield last summer.