Sox Honoring Fisk

tonyho7476

Granted he has done alot for the Sox, but wouldn't you wait till after he retires to put one up?

They are suppose to have 5 total, they started with Minnie and now Frank.. does nayone have a clue on who the other 3 are?

Shoeless Joe!

Carlton Fisk. Not Frank Thomas.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 10:47 AM)
Sorry Coffee/RedBull  hasn't kicked in yet.. Have no idea why I thought it said Frank

Cool, when are they suppose to do it, I was at last years game when they honored Minnie.

The paper doesn't say, but I would like to go. It was nice to see him throw out the first pitch last year.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 10:31 AM)
As Much as I love Fisker.. The world see him as a REd Sox not a White Sox.. All because of that 75 series.

That makes me sick. I was pissed when he went to the HOF with a Red Sox cap. My in-laws are bandwagon Red Sox fans. Man I f'in hate the Red Sox.

QUOTE(ShySox72 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 06:23 PM)
That makes me sick.  I was pissed when he went to the HOF with a Red Sox cap.  My in-laws are bandwagon Red Sox fans.  Man I f'in hate the Red Sox.

I think Fisk is one of the reasons that the HOF now selects which hat you wear into the hall. I know he was known for the '75 series, but a vast majority of his career was with the White Sox, but with the way he was released and no bridge mending by JR or Fisk at that point, there was zero chance of him picking the White Sox.

FWIW, he works out at the Gym I go to every now and then, and during the world series he was wearing a Red Sox shirt (useless info, I know)

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 12:33 PM)
I think Fisk is one of the reasons that the HOF now selects which hat you wear into the hall.  I know he was known for the '75 series, but a vast majority of his career was with the White Sox, but with the way he was released and no bridge mending by JR or Fisk at that point, there was zero chance of him picking the White Sox.

FWIW, he works out at the Gym I go to every now and then, and during the world series he was wearing a Red Sox shirt (useless info, I know)

I don't blame him for picking to wear the Red Sox hat, but it's just a hard pill to swallow as a Chi Sox fan.

QUOTE(ShySox72 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 01:37 PM)
I don't blame him for picking to wear the Red Sox hat, but it's just a hard pill to swallow as a Chi Sox fan.

I agree. I hate the fact he picked the Red Sox....he's still a White Sock to me!

I don't blame Fisk one iota for going into the hall with a Red Sox hat. What they did to him and Donn Pall in '93 was classless. Carlton is my favorite ballplayer, period. The way he carried himself on the field and the respect he had for the game was top of the line.

I'd love to meet this guy one time and shake his hand. I'd tell that as a fan, I appreciate what he did for the White Sox while he was in their uniform and what he did for the game, regardless of the uniform. I have every different Carlton Fisk baseball card I was ever able to find. Well over a hundred of them.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 02:05 PM)
I don't blame Fisk one iota for going into the hall with a Red Sox hat.  What they did to him and Donn Pall in '93 was classless.  Carlton is my favorite ballplayer, period.  The way he carried himself on the field and the respect he  had for the game was top of the line. 

I'd love to meet this guy one time and shake his hand.  I'd tell that as a fan, I appreciate what he did for the White Sox while he was in their uniform and what he did for the game, regardless of the uniform. I have every different Carlton Fisk baseball card I was ever able to find.  Well over a hundred of them.

I don't blame him either... I'm just glad that the Sox are coming around to him again. This is good to do. These things should help make amends...just like asking him to throw out the first pitch last year.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)
I think Fisk is one of the reasons that the HOF now selects which hat you wear into the hall.  I know he was known for the '75 series, but a vast majority of his career was with the White Sox, but with the way he was released and no bridge mending by JR or Fisk at that point, there was zero chance of him picking the White Sox.

Actually the reason they satarted doing this is because players were selling this. Canseco had in his contract with Tampa Bay that if/when he got in the Hall he'd wear a Devil Rays hat. I'm glad they did it.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 02:01 PM)
I don't blame him either... I'm just glad that the Sox are coming around to him again.  This is good to do.  These things should help make amends...just like asking him to throw out the first pitch last year.

Carlton doesn't do anything for Jerry.. he does it for the fans. There will be no "making amends" between Jerry and Carlton.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)
I know he was known for the '75 series, but a vast majority of his career was with the White Sox.

Red Sox - 11 MLB seasons, 3 minor league seasons.

White Sox - 13 seasons.

I wouldn't call it a VAST majority.