Needed: A Good Bar to watch the Sox

deezpac

I live in the Wrigleyville / Lakeview area and would like to find a fun bar where i can watch my sox and not be surrounded by moron cub fans. I'm going to BW3's today in hopes that i can get a tv but with the cubs game on ESPN i don't know how much luck i'll have. Anyone know of a place where i can go? I'd really like to get audio along with the tv but i can deal as long as the beer flows cheaply.

There are no such bars on the Northside.

You'd probably have to go down to a southern suburb for the sports bar type of place that caters to Sox fans, like Smokey Bones, a suburban sports bar that actually has channel changers/audio at every table. :D

And BW3's is like Cleveland Indian nation...but I do like BW3's. :D

QUOTE(deezpac @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 12:32 PM)
I live in the Wrigleyville / Lakeview area and would like to find a fun bar where i can watch my sox and not be surrounded by moron cub fans.  I'm going to BW3's today in hopes that i can get a tv but with the cubs game on ESPN i don't know how much luck i'll have.  Anyone know of a place where i can go?  I'd really like to get audio along with the tv but i can deal as long as the beer flows cheaply.

DO NOT go to BW3's on lincoln, I live right there and its an indians fan base. Since I too live in the middle of cub-ville in LP, I am always on the look out for a bar as well. Last season we took up with wrightwood tap which is right across the street from where I live, but im sure there is a better place with less idiot cubs fans. Im interested to know as well. Maybe we should all just designate a place and take it over. Im sure we can drive some of those cubs fans right out the door.

There is a good bar in Westmont called The Neutral Zone. It's swarmed with Sox fans during the season. My brother actually met Jamie Burke there. I also think Buehrle's ex girlfriend was a waitress there.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 02:50 PM)
There is a good bar in Westmont called The Neutral Zone.  It's swarmed with Sox fans during the season.  My brother actually met Jamie Burke there.  I also think Buehrle's ex girlfriend was a waitress there.

I'm gonna go there and ask every waitress if they know Mark Beuhrle.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 06:42 PM)
DO NOT go to BW3's on lincoln, I live right there and its an indians fan base.  Since I too live in the middle of cub-ville in LP, I am always on the look out for a bar as well.  Last season we took up with wrightwood tap which is right across the street from where I live, but im sure there is a better place with less idiot cubs fans.  Im interested to know as well.  Maybe we should all just designate a place and take it over.  Im sure we can drive some of those cubs fans right out the door.

I absolutly hate The Wrightwood Tap (at least at night) so i would rather not go there. I would be very interested in talking over a bar and turning it into a Sox bar.

I am planning on gong to as many games as my budget will allow however when the Sox are out of town or i have to work that night i would like to have a bar where i can watch the game.

I have close access to the red line so i could take the train to the south side for certain games. What are some of the bars you guys would recomend?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 02:13 PM)
A great place to watch a White Sox game is Harry Caray's. The bartenders there are Sox fans.

Really, Harry Caray's? :bang

I live in Stickney and I don't have a real good Sox bar to go to. However, the bars in my area due tend to have more Sox than Cub fans. If anyone knows a good Sox bar in the Stickney/Berwyn area, let me know.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 12:50 PM)
There is a good bar in Westmont called The Neutral Zone.  It's swarmed with Sox fans during the season.  My brother actually met Jamie Burke there.  I also think Buehrle's ex girlfriend was a waitress there.

shes a bartender, but yeah she works there. I used to go there when I lived in the burbs, very very underrated food.

QUOTE(deezpac @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 01:04 PM)
I absolutly hate The Wrightwood Tap (at least at night) so i would rather not go there.  I would be very interested in talking over a bar and turning it into a Sox bar. 

I am planning on gong to as many games as my budget will allow however when the Sox are out of town or i have to work that night i would like to have a bar where i can watch the game. 

I have close access to the red line so i could take the train to the south side for certain games. What are some of the bars you guys would recomend?

im not a big fan of that bar at night either, but I always look for places that are empty during games so we can always switch to the sox games. If there are alot of you guys who live on the northside I think we should find a place to take over for sure. I work at Grand central on the weekends and cotts is there quite a bit so we have been watching games there since last season, but who knows about this season.

QUOTE(deezpac @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 06:32 PM)
I live in the Wrigleyville / Lakeview area and would like to find a fun bar where i can watch my sox and not be surrounded by moron cub fans.  I'm going to BW3's today in hopes that i can get a tv but with the cubs game on ESPN i don't know how much luck i'll have.  Anyone know of a place where i can go?  I'd really like to get audio along with the tv but i can deal as long as the beer flows cheaply.

I live on the northside in Ravenswood and the only place to go to is closed. It's now a place on Damen near Lawrence called 'Rails'. It's more of a bar and grille now. Not sure if it's the same owner, but the old place had $1.00 Miller longnecks during every Sox game.

Try Southport City Saloon, it's in the 2500 north block on Southport. They have always put the game on for me when I happened to wander in during a Sox telecast. They have a house beer called Southport Lager on tap which is actually Huber and it's great, I believe they have cheaper prices during happy hour. Normal price is/was $7.50/pitcher.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 07:39 PM)
im not a big fan of that bar at night either, but I always look for places that are empty during games so we can always switch to the sox games.  If there are alot of you guys who live on the northside I think we should find a place to take over for sure.  I work at Grand central on the weekends and cotts is there quite a bit so we have been watching games there since last season, but who knows about this season.

I am not cool, preppie, hip enough to go to the Grand Central. Personally, I like Roses right down the street. It is open til 4 and Rose is awesome. She's gotta be over 70. Plus the place has a record playing jukebox. How cool is that? The beer is cheap as well. The TVs are a little outdated, but its a dive and I always have a great time going there. The cub fans there aren't even rude. Its probably because they are homegrown cub fans and not imports from other states.

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)
Try Southport City Saloon, it's in the 2500 north block on Southport.  They have always put the game on for me when I happened to wander in during a Sox telecast.  They have a house beer called Southport Lager on tap which is actually Huber and it's great, I believe they have cheaper prices during happy hour.  Normal price is/was $7.50/pitcher.

My friend James works there!!!!

i have heard of this white sox bar called Jimbos i have never been there but i hear it is good i am going to check it out when the season starts its acrosse from US Cellural northern parking lot hope to see you there this season ill be ther a couple of games :cheDescription

Jimbo’s is the quintessential South Side sports bar. Its location directly across from US Cellular’s northern parking lot makes it an obvious gathering spot for Sox fans. The owner, Jimbo, is a gruff, neighborly character. For a taste of White Sox fervor, this is the place to come. It’s packed on game days, and a neighborhood hangout the rest of the time. Jimbo declares that his menu includes “everything.” That would be true if your definition of everything includes beef, sausage, steak, chicken dinners, spaghetti and the like. Ah yes, a true Chicago joint. (Freda Moon)

Directions

Take Red Line to Cermak/Chinatown, hop on bus #24 heading south to 33rd & Wentworth. Walk west.

Hours

11 a.m.-2 a.m. Sunday-Friday; 11 a.m.-3 a.m. Saturday

ers

Edited by soxman35

QUOTE(quade36 @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 05:21 PM)
I am not cool, preppie, hip enough to go to the Grand Central.  Personally, I like Roses right down the street.  It is open til 4 and Rose is awesome.  She's gotta be over 70.  Plus the place has a record playing jukebox.  How cool is that?  The beer is cheap as well.  The TVs are a little outdated, but its a dive and I always have a great time going there.  The cub fans there aren't even rude.  Its probably because they are homegrown cub fans and not imports from other states.

Didnt need the judgements there, I go there cause i work there and cause cotts and adkins frequent there cause cotts is dating a bartender there. But in all honesty I think the best place to go would be birdsnest on southport and altgeld, best wings in the city and they have pabst in the can. PLus their food is awesome and it would be easy to take over. Not to mention the huge pic od old comiskey on the wall. we should try it our

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 02:03 AM)
Didnt need the judgements there, I go there cause i work there and cause cotts and adkins frequent there cause cotts is dating a bartender there.  But in all honesty I think the best place to go would be birdsnest on southport and altgeld, best wings in the city and they have pabst in the can.  PLus their food is awesome and it would be easy to take over. Not to mention the huge pic od old comiskey on the wall. we should try it our

so i went to BW3's today for the game and it was great. When i walked in (about 1:50) i cautiosly asked the bartender if at 2 i could get one of the tv's put on Comcast Sports. His reply " For the Sox Game? Hell yeah i'm putting it on with volume." At the time there were about 7 people there, by the 3rd inning i was alone. I was talking to Tim (the bartender) about how i had heard that BW3's was an Indians bar and he said that all of last year he had only a few requests for an Indians game to be on tv.

The most important thing that i took away from todays adventure was that Tim (BW3's Bartender) turned out to be the General Manager and a HUGE Sox Fan. He not only welcomed me but stated that he would LOVE for BW3's to become a northside hangout for Sox fans.

I will be there on Wednesday for the Sox and the $2.50 23oz Buds and 50cent wings. Lets take over this great place

Deez

QUOTE(deezpac @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 05:00 AM)
so i went to BW3's today for the game and it was great.  When i walked in (about 1:50) i cautiosly asked the bartender if at 2 i could get one of the tv's put on Comcast Sports.  His reply " For the Sox Game?  Hell yeah i'm putting it on with volume."  At the time there were about 7 people there, by the 3rd inning i was alone.  I was talking to Tim (the bartender) about how i had heard that BW3's was an Indians bar and he said that all of last year he had only a few requests for an Indians game to be on tv. 

The most important thing that i took away from todays adventure was that Tim (BW3's Bartender) turned out to be the General Manager and a HUGE Sox Fan.  He not only welcomed me but stated that he would LOVE for BW3's to become a northside hangout for Sox fans.

I will be there on Wednesday for the Sox and the $2.50 23oz Buds and 50cent wings. Lets take over this great place

Deez

That surprises me, like someone else here said that is a HUGE Cleveland hang out.

QUOTE(soxman35 @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 05:28 PM)
i have heard of this white sox bar called Jimbos i have never been there but i hear it is good i am going to check it out when the season starts its acrosse from US Cellural northern parking lot hope to see you there this season ill be ther a couple of games :cheDescription

Jimbo’s is the quintessential South Side sports bar. Its location directly across from US Cellular’s northern parking lot makes it an obvious gathering spot for Sox fans. The owner, Jimbo, is a gruff, neighborly character. For a taste of White Sox fervor, this is the place to come. It’s packed on game days, and a neighborhood hangout the rest of the time. Jimbo declares that his menu includes “everything.” That would be true if your definition of everything includes beef, sausage, steak, chicken dinners, spaghetti and the like. Ah yes, a true Chicago joint. (Freda Moon)

Directions

Take Red Line to Cermak/Chinatown, hop on bus #24 heading south to 33rd & Wentworth. Walk west.

Hours

11 a.m.-2 a.m. Sunday-Friday; 11 a.m.-3 a.m. Saturday

ers

Jimbo's is an awesome place after a ballgame.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 08:31 AM)
That surprises me, like someone else here said that is a HUGE Cleveland hang out.

surprised me as well, I think you will see more and more indians fans in there gradually, I know during football that is a browns place first and foremost

How I would love to watch a White Sox game at a bar with volume! Unfortunately, here in Indianapolis baseball falls to the bottom of the totem pole.

Local BDUBs will show: NCAA Mens BB, NBA, Womens NCAA BB, WNBA, High-School BB. "Hoosiers the movie," Indy Racing League, Nascar, Formula One, Speed Channel, Motocross, & Tractor Pull all before ANY BASEBALL GAME.

The newspaper "Indianapolis Star" covers all of the above in that order as well...

Enjoy the Sox wherever you can.... :crying