Sign in to follow this  
deezpac

Needed: A Good Bar to watch the Sox

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
surprised me as well, I think you will see more and more indians fans in there gradually, I know during football that is a browns place first and foremost

If I remember correctly, the walls are covered in Cleveland stuff, Browns, Indians, Cavs etc.

I might have to check it out again then. The wings were kick ass, by the way.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 02:19 PM)
Really, Harry Caray's? :bang

I live in Stickney and I don't have a real good Sox bar to go to.  However, the bars in my area due tend to have more Sox than Cub fans.  If anyone knows a good Sox bar in the Stickney/Berwyn area, let me know.

Healy's Westside in Forest Park is a big Sox bar, Tony.

I haven't been there, but my high school alumni bulletin says a guy I graduated with owns a bar in Wrigleyville that is totally a Sox bar. Says the staff wears the jersey of whichever team the Cubs are playing for uniforms. I think it's called Trace or something.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 10:32 AM)
If I remember correctly, the walls are covered in Cleveland stuff, Browns, Indians, Cavs etc.

I might have to check it out again then.  The wings were kick ass, by the way.

I bet you my pair of cubs/sox tickets at the cell that you will find better wings at the birdsnest on altgeld and southport. They are by far the best in the city. Go there on thursday for 25 cent wing night

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 10:39 AM)
I haven't been there, but my high school alumni bulletin says a guy I graduated with owns a bar in Wrigleyville that is totally a Sox bar.  Says the staff wears the jersey of whichever team the Cubs are playing for uniforms.  I think it's called Trace or something.

the trace is on 3715 north clark, that might just be the one

here is another one that claims to be a sox fans hangout

hawkeyes-http://www.planet99.com/chicago/bars/313.html

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 04:58 PM)
I bet you my pair of cubs/sox tickets at the cell that you will find better wings at the birdsnest on altgeld and southport.  They are by far the best in the city.  Go there on thursday for 25 cent wing night

They suck, now hand over those tix.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 11:16 AM)
They suck, now hand over those tix.

bulls***, you have to go and try them, even the papers rate them as the best. And I have brought several people over there to try them as well. You arent going to get off that easy

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 11:49 AM)
bulls***, you have to go and try them, even the papers rate them as the best.  And I have brought several people over there to try them as well.  You arent going to get off that easy

The papers rate the Cubs as the best too, so whatchoo sayin'???

:D

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 05:49 PM)
bulls***, you have to go and try them, even the papers rate them as the best.  And I have brought several people over there to try them as well.  You arent going to get off that easy

I will go and try them. I'm not really a lava hot wings kinda guy. I prefer overall flavor with a littel sting, some are just pain and no taste, that's just stupid, IMO.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)
I will go and try them. I'm not really a lava hot wings kinda guy. I prefer overall flavor with a littel sting, some are just pain and no taste, that's just stupid, IMO.

I agree, these are just damn tasty, try equal parts hot and bbq wings, and some fries and I promise you will thank me

If anyone else is in Peoria, I'd love to find a good Sox crowd here. I'm stuck in Cardinals / Cubs hell... I think I know the only other former Sox season ticket holder that lives in this town.

How about in the Gage Park/Brighton Park area?

I recently turned 21 and transferred back home from FSU...

QUOTE(Disco72 @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 11:56 PM)
If anyone else is in Peoria, I'd love to find a good Sox crowd here.  I'm stuck in Cardinals / Cubs hell... I think I know the only other former Sox season ticket holder that lives in this town.

I'm gonna be there Sunday for a bowling tourney..