Made a league, if anyone else wants to join one

I created a Yahoo league just now...however, there is a twist to this. It is just like Survivor League, and basically the goal is to survive the season, survive getting cut, and winning in the end. Throughout the year, there are cuts at certain dates where teams are eliminated and their players are put on waivers, able to be claimed by all. There will be a HOST team, that will have 4 players, and there will be reward challenges throughout the year, where you can earn a player for your team, or for certain challenges, immunity to avoid being cut. It is pretty much based on the show Survivor, hence the name.

There will be 16 teams in the league, plus the HOST team, making a grand total of 17 team total. It is a points league, so that is something to watch out for too.

There is a little catch...you cannot use SP's. In fact, SP's values are very low, even if you get a pitcher who is both RP and SP eligible. The only spots for pitchers is RP, so saves and holds are both very valuable.

The categories for hitters are R(1), 1B(1), 2B(2), 3B(3), HR(5), RBI(1), BB(1), IBB(1), K(-.5), GIDP(-2.5), and the categories for pitchers are W(2), L(-2), SV(8), H(-.5), ER(-1), HR(-1), K(1), GIDP(2.5), HLD(4)

The positions are C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, LF, CF, RF, OF, UTIL, RP, RP, with 3 bench spots and 1 DL slot.

If you have any interest, just PM me for the details.

EDIT: Should have mentioned the draft date and time.

It is 3-19 at 9:30 PM, a Saturday night(and I know that may not work for some...if it doesn't work out for a lot, I can try and change it, but there will be no guarantees that I will get a good time for it)

EDIT #2: I also need to mention that you have to give me access to your team, so I can drop your players if you are eliminated.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 04:41 PM)
Would the Friday before at 7:30 work?

If not...I'll see if that time would work for others...and maybe look to see if I can switch the time slot.

Anything on Friday is bad.

EDIT: I just realized I'm likely to be out of town that weekend anyway. Don't mind me, but I'd still like to be in the league.

Edited by danman31

Just so everyone knows, I will be out of town for today, Saturday, and probably part of Sunday too...so if you want in, either just wait until Sunday/Monday, or post that you want to be in it in here, and someone in the league can give you the info.

I hate to bump this again...LOL...but we need teams quite badly. There are still like 8 openings left, and the draft is 2 days from now.

Even if you can't make the draft, I would say to join...either prerank your players, or hope to get lucky.

If you are even slightly interested in joining, but are confused about something or just need something cleared up, just get on AIM or PM me, and I can try to explain things in more detail.

Thanks again :)

I almost just want to let this die, because not enough people are joining...

I'd like atleast 4 more teams to join...draft is tonight at 10 PM CT. If I don't have those 4 teams by roughly 9 PM tonight, I'll try and move the draft back a week.

So please don't make me do that :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...