3/10 Sox vs. Rangers

says who? This kid has more confidence than any pitcher we have seen com through the ranks in the past several years.  He wasnt heralded when he was drafted, he doesnt have electric stuff, yet mows down more people than anyone.  If you know him personally maybe thats a different case, but this kid is special and I say lets see what he can do.  As soon as anyone looks bad, put him in the rotation.

Teams do this with most pitchers. McCarthy has known nothing but success in the minors. What happens if he comes to the majors and gets rocked? Of course that would hurt his confidence.

Edited by Jabroni

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)
Teams do this with most pitchers.  McCarthy has known nothing but success in the minors.  What happens if he comes to the majors and gets rocked?  Of course that would hurt his confidence.

and what happens if he comes up and succeeds. And since when do teams do this with most pitchers?? Cubs, marlins, mets, cardinals, dodgers, etc have all brought up young guys after a season or two in the minors.

you don't just stick a young minor league star into your starting rotation after he has a nice spring. especially when you have 5 starting pitchers with multiple years of mlb experience all under contract.

and what happens if he comes up and succeeds.  And since when do teams do this with most pitchers?? Cubs, marlins, mets, cardinals, dodgers, etc have all brought up young guys after a season or two in the minors.

Jesus man, the guy is still only 21 years old. What else do you want me to say?

you don't just stick a young minor league star into your starting rotation after he has a nice spring.  especially when you have 5 starting pitchers with multiple years of mlb experience all under contract.

Exactly!

Edited by Jabroni

nice little sliding grab by iguchi to get teixera.

that was a nice f***ing sequence of pitches by bmac. he seriously just threw 3 fastballs at the exact same location, down and in at the knees. beautiful.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 03:07 PM)
Brandon is a tall drink of water.  6'7 my goodness.

He's faced 16 batters giving up only 1 hit.

Way to get over to first on the throw.  Wow.  I'm liking this kid.

He's also a fast worker (like someone else in our roatation).

Wow, nice play by Gooch.

As far as B-Mac, he is really impressing me. Question for all the minor league experts...This guy looks so much more promising than our previous pitcher prospects, what makes this guy stick out so much over Diaz (besides Diaz only have 2 pitches) or the other guys that game up?

QUOTE(3E8 @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 03:10 PM)
nice little sliding grab by iguchi to get teixera.

that was a nice f***ing sequence of pitches by bmac.  he seriously just threw 3 fastballs at the exact same location, down and in at the knees.  beautiful.

Exactly.

He is very, very impressive. This kid is gonna be a good one.

I've never had the chance to watch him work, but I'm loving what I'm seeing.

I :wub: Brandon McCarthy. It's no wonder Cooper and Kenny are salivating at the thought of such a good young arm.

Wow, nice play by Gooch.

As far as B-Mac, he is really impressing me. Question for all the minor league experts...This guy looks so much more promising than our previous pitcher prospects, what makes this guy stick out so much over Diaz (besides Diaz only have 2 pitches) or the other guys that game up?

Probably alot better control and mound presence/confidence.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 03:05 PM)
Jesus man, the guy is still only 21 years old.  What else do you want me to say?

Exactly!

First of all, I didnt know that 21 year old athletes were not ready for the big time :bang Especially when cross town you have had this be the case for several years in a row. Second of all, you dont need to stick him in the rotation right now, but frankly he will be ready this year, and if anyone falters, BMAC is obviously your next best option. If you think the fact that he has pitched several innings of work giving up one hit against one of the best offensive teams in the league is a fluke, then thats fine. But its hard to deny that there is something special about this kid.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 03:04 PM)
and what happens if he comes up and succeeds.  And since when do teams do this with most pitchers?? Cubs, marlins, mets, cardinals, dodgers, etc have all brought up young guys after a season or two in the minors.

For the majority of those teams how has that worked?