3/10 Sox vs. Rangers

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Long time reader, first time poster...someone play some dogs barking or something. :gosoxretro: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox1:

QUOTE(madbilly @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)
Thanks, been a long time reader, this my first post

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 04:04 PM)
Yes, and he has been awesome.

dynamite drop in, that broadcasting school has really paid off. And if we are going to now bring this debate to age, I would recommend so back up to the opinions considering that some of the best pitchers in thie city were brought up in their early 20's.

:huh: Wtfish.

dynamite drop in, that broadcasting school has really paid off.

I have no clue what you are trying to say here either.

And if we are going to now bring this debate to age, I would recommend so back up to the opinions considering that some of the best pitchers in thie city were brought up in their early 20's.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 04:26 PM)
dynamite drop in, that broadcasting school has really paid off.  And if we are going to now bring this debate to age, I would recommend so back up to the opinions considering that some of the best pitchers in thie city were brought up in their early 20's.

of those pitchers you're talking about, all of them had much more experience than mccarthy. keep in mind you are advocating putting someone into our starting rotation who has had 4 starts at AA.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 04:31 PM)
of those pitchers you're talking about, all of them had much more experience than mccarthy.  keep in mind you are advocating putting someone into our starting rotation who has had 4 starts at AA.

Ouch. 3E8 drops the hammer with that one.

Four starts in AA to the majors? Nah-uh.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 04:31 PM)
of those pitchers you're talking about, all of them had much more experience than mccarthy.  keep in mind you are advocating putting someone into our starting rotation who has had 4 starts at AA.

I never once said put in him the rotation right now, we have 5 more pitchers with more experience. All im saying is that I believe he is ready, has the personality and demeanor, and age should not be something that should hold someone back. You keep pointing to the fact that he is 21, well there are younger people in the bigs. Even with his 4 starts at AA, he has been fluid and downright dominating in ST vs big league players. I understand that you want to seem relaxed and intelligent about bringing a player up too soon. BUt frankly this guy is ready to be tested. He should definatley start at AAA, and should be the first arm they bring up if they have to. You have to admit, he has looked better than Neil, Adkins, Diaz, Munoz, Garland, and they all have AAA and big league experience. You cant coach what this kid has, and you have to recognize that.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 04:31 PM)
:huh: Wtfish.

I have no clue what you are trying to say here either.

the first part was a quote from Major League 2.....guess you dont watch sports movies, check that maybe you are too young for that movie.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 04:35 PM)
I never once said put in him the rotation right now, we have 5 more pitchers with more experience.  All im saying is that I believe he is ready, has the personality and demeanor and age should not be something that should hold someone back.  You keep pointing to the fact that he is 21, well there are younger people in the bigs.  Even with his 4 starts at AA, he has been fluid and downright dominating in ST vs big league players.  I understand that you want to seem relaxed and intelligent about bringing a player up too soon.  BUt frankly this guy is ready to be tested.  He should definatley start at AAA, and should be the first arm they bring up if they have to.  You have to admit, he has looked better than Neil, Adkins, Diaz, Munoz, Garland, and they all have AAA and big league experience.  You cant coach what this kid has, and you have to recognize that.

First, if I ever said a 21 cannot physically pitch in the majors, I'd like to retract that. That's not what I mean. My main thing is the lack of experience. Neal did not and still doesn't have AAA experience.

Second, I was under the impression you wanted him to be put into the starting rotation. I wouldn't be against him coming into the bullpen sometime later this year. So sorry about that.

Edited by 3E8

QUOTE(3E8 @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 04:38 PM)
First, if I ever said a 21 cannot physically pitch in the majors, I'd like to retract that.  That's not what I mean.  My main thing is the lack of experience.  Neil did not have AAA experience.

Second, I was under the impression you wanted him to be put into the starting rotation.  I wouldn't be against him coming into the bullpen sometime later this year.  So sorry about that.

I was referencing that if they brought him up, him, freddy and mark could be a nasty three-headed monster for the next few years. I am all about seeing what he can do at AAA, but the fact is, I think he could be a better pitcher than several arms that we have brought up over the past year or two. He has something that they dont have.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 04:38 PM)
the first part was a quote from Major League 2.....guess you dont watch sports movies, check that maybe you are too young for that movie.

I watch too many movies to remember quotes from everything and no i am not too young to remember that.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 04:33 PM)
Ouch.  3E8 drops the hammer with that one.

Four starts in AA to the majors?  Nah-uh.

Dontrlle willis only had six starts in double a before he was called up to the majors and he never looked back.

QUOTE(El Piervizdyeguchansodnik @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 04:43 PM)
Once again you guys argue about meaningless bulls*** during a game thread. Those of us that couldn't see the game would be quite happy if you guys would shut up and talk about the game instead of BMac being in the rotation.

It was far from ''meaningless bulls***''.