3/10 Sox vs. Rangers

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 03:36 PM)
credepopsup, you should trademark your name.

We'll be saying it a lot this year. :P

lol. Hopefully we won't be saying it that much.

I'm hoping Joe hits so well, that I'll have to change my name to Credesingles, Crededoubles or Credehomers. :pray

QUOTE(Credepopsup @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 03:43 PM)
lol. Hopefully we won't be saying it that much.

I'm hoping Joe hits so well, that I'll have to change my name to Credesingles, Crededoubles or Credehomers. :pray

That would be nice. Hopefully that batting cage he set up at his home over the offseason paid off. :pray

Scary trend:

The Sox are scoring all their runs in one game again. I was hoping for a lot of 3-2, 5-2, 1-0 wins this season. Hopefully this is just coincidence and out of the ordinary due to ST.

PS: Brandon running over to first on the soft toss from Paulie was very reminiscent of a baby giraffe.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 01:47 PM)
did hawk just call him 24?

he's done it a bunch of times. According to the Sox homepage he's only 21. I wonder if BMac was afraid to correct him or something

rockraines, cotts is an example of why you don't stick young guys into the major league starting rotation before they are ready.

Yeah Seattle should have taken notice when we brought up Mike Carrusso(sp), to soon.. I think they should have left that A-rod kid in the minor some more to make sure he could handle big league pitchers

:rolly

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
Scary trend:

The Sox are scoring all their runs in one game again. I was hoping for a lot of 3-2, 5-2, 1-0 wins this season.  Hopefully this is just coincidence and out of the ordinary due to ST.

PS: Brandon running over to first on the soft toss from Paulie was very reminiscent of a baby giraffe.

Meh, I wouldn't fret about it too much if I were you...

Remember, Ozzie is running everybody this spring, just to get a feel for who can run, who can't -- that's one reason why some of our runs have been 'taken away'.

We should have a real, good feel for this team by the end of May.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 03:49 PM)
Yeah Seattle should have taken notice when we brought up Mike Carrusso(sp), to soon.. I think they should have left that A-rod kid in the minor some more to make sure he could handle big league pitchers

:rolly

since when does arod pitch?

I really don't like placing an age on when a guy should/shouldn't be brought up.

If a kid is ready, you'll know it, whether he's 19 years old, or 24.

I'd like B-Mac to start off at AA (as he didn't have much time there last season), and make the jump to AAA if he proves he's still dominating at Birmy.

Scary trend:

The Sox are scoring all their runs in one game again. I was hoping for a lot of 3-2, 5-2, 1-0 wins this season. Hopefully this is just coincidence and out of the ordinary due to ST.

I've been a little concerned about this also. We haven't been as consistent as I hope for yet.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 03:48 PM)
Scary trend:

The Sox are scoring all their runs in one game again. I was hoping for a lot of 3-2, 5-2, 1-0 wins this season.  Hopefully this is just coincidence and out of the ordinary due to ST.

Meh, don't be to worried about it addy. Cause the lineups are so different day in and day out your going to have an inconsistant offense most likely during st.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 03:53 PM)
Meh, don't be to worried about it addy.  Cause the lineups are so different day in and day out your going to have an inconsistant offense most likely during st.

heres the thing, they arent getting all their runs on homeruns, and they seem to be spacing out scoring across several innings. That is a different trend than previous teams.

Plus its not 7 runs on 6 hits, its 12 hits, which is nice.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 03:53 PM)
sorry, cubs shoulda thought twice about bringing zambrano, prior and wood up too soon.  They really struggle against major league hitting.

all had AAA experience.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)
Since when Did Mike Carrauso ?

yeah, my point was specifically geared towards bringing up minor league PITCHERS up too early and sticking them directly into the starting rotation.