Northwest Airlines SUCKS ASS!

AngelasDaddy0427

I had a flight for yesterday at 7 am to see my halfsister in Montana. Took every last penny I had. Then I ended up missing the flight because I went in the hospital because I have really bad broncthes and was having trouble breathing. I couldn't stand up without vomiting. Because of all this I missed my flight. I called Northwest and they told me that I couldn't get another flight for this week unless a paid 600 dollars more. and that damn "flight insurance" I got from travelocity doesn't cover any of this even though I was in the hospital. The best I could get was credit for a flight in May. So now my whole spring break is ruined and i'm so depressed. This is just pissing me off. :angry:

QUOTE(Nokona @ Mar 13, 2005 -> 10:14 AM)
I love Montana, that could have been an awesome spring break. What part of Montana is she from?

That really sucks for you dude.

Great Falls, I just couldn't believe it when they told me that I couldn't get another flight even though I had proof from both my doctor and the hospital. The did give me a credit that I can use in May but I was so looking forward to going this week.

The trip i took to canada over xmas break was teh first long distance travel i did w/o my parents. I took NWA and it went off w/o a hitch. A little confusion in detroit from the ticket people, seemed like they were understaffed, but that was just a minor problem.

But that's just me.

Interestingly, NWA is the only airline that I haven't had problems with recently. Even my "old reliables" like AA and US Air have given me problems recently.

The entire airline industry seems to have gone to crap over the past year or two. You'd be hard-pressed to find a truly "reliable" airline at this point.

For me its nothing but Southwest.

However, Northwest is one of those few airlines that flies into the airport in Sioux Falls and on a few ocassions we've had some awful experiences. So much so that on the most time its either United (which brings us through Denver, which isn't good because Denver airport, mainly weather, has forced us to stay up there on a few occasions where NOrthwets goes into Minny which isn't that far of a drive if need be) or we just go into Omaha on Southwest.

Southwest is really good airline. I've yet to fly Jet Blue, but I'm thinking I will this summer, hopefully they get a hub at Midway in which case I could be flying there a whole lot. :)

And as far as travelocity goes or any travel site for that matter in regards to getting airfare, get it from the airline directly. It is not cheaper using those travel search engines. 99% of the time I find cheaper flights my own looking at the airlines sites. Plus no one beats Southwest when they have there specials.

Also Southwest is nice because if you miss a flight there is no cancellation fee or anything, the money just goes towards your next flight.

I've heard very positive things about Southwest but I've never been west of Dallas, so I've never flown them before.

Calling customer service at the airline and asking if they can give you a better price than what's available online sometimes works as well. My wife has done this a couple times with US Air over the past few years and has often gotten $10-$20 off per ticket.