Austin Bracket

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he was wearing blue and white you'd be screaming about how people just hate him just because of the team he plays for. You are such a blatant hypocrate it isn't even funny. 

Paul Davis=Shavlick Randolph

Difference being is that Paul Davis gets all the publicity. I respect Shav because everyone just talks bad about him.

Davis: 11.6 ppg, 6.1 rpg

Thanks for proving my original post Palehosefan. How in the hell is Paul Davis a damn good basketball player when he's averaged over his career 11 points and 6 rebounds?

How in the hell does your teams big man who is suppose to be one of the best in the nation only averaging 6 rebounds over his career. Thats freakin appauling!

Let me show you, in their two meetings in two years, Paul Davis and Shelden Williams' stats:

2003, Duke at Michigan State: Williams- 16 points, 8 rebounds, 5 blocks, 3 fouls

Davis- 7 points, 3 rebounds, 1 block, 0 fouls

2004, Michigan State at Duke: Williams- 10 points, 12 rebounds, 5 blocks, 4 fouls

Davis- 17 points, 10 rebounds, 0 blocks, 3 fouls

Lets Total em up: Williams- 26 points, 20 rebounds, 10 blocks

Davis- 24 points, 13 rebounds, 1 block

While the #'s aren't significantly different, Williams will still be able to controll the paint. Michigan State will have to win it with their guards.

QUOTE(Butter Parque @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 09:18 PM)
Thanks for proving my original post Palehosefan. How in the hell is Paul Davis a damn good basketball player when he's averaged over his career 11 points and 6 rebounds?

How in the hell does your teams big man who is suppose to be one of the best in the nation only averaging 6 rebounds over his career. Thats freakin appauling!

Let me show you, in their two meetings in two years, Paul Davis and Shelden Williams' stats:

2003, Duke at Michigan State: Williams- 16 points, 8 rebounds, 5 blocks, 3 fouls

Davis- 7 points, 3 rebounds, 1 block, 0 fouls

2004, Michigan State at Duke: Williams- 10 points, 12 rebounds, 5 blocks, 4 fouls

Davis- 17 points, 10 rebounds, 0 blocks, 3 fouls

Lets Total em up: Williams- 26 points, 20 rebounds, 10 blocks

Davis- 24 points, 13 rebounds, 1 block

While the #'s aren't significantly different, Williams will still be able to controll the paint. Michigan State will have to win it with their guards.

What does it matter? Your little Dukies won't have the home court advantage so Redick wont be able to dominate as much as normal. These games will be reffed fairly.

How many PPG did Maggette average when he was a #13 pick?

Maggette came off the bench in his one and only year at Duke. The starting lineup was Battier, Carrawell, Avery, Langdon, and Brand.

Maggette averaged 17 minutes a game, and he still was able to score 10 points a game and grab 4 rebounds at 6'6.

Paul Davis at 6'11, has averaged only 6 rebounds per game. Thats even more horrible. Paul Davis has started for 2 years in a row and has doen nothing.

Corey Maggette was a superior athlete who lit up the highlight reels. Paul Davis, in my opinion is junk.

Edited by Butter Parque

Paul's numbers are actually solid this year considering how much time he played, only 26 mpg. Shelden Williams played almost 8 more minutes a game. If you add the extra 8 minutes of production to Davis, his numbers would be.

15.4 ppg, 9.94 rpg. Which is very solid in his own right. Does Shelden own him whenever they play? Yes. But that just happens, Sean May always plays very well against Shelden for some reason, Shelden owns Luke Schenser, and Luke does very well against Sean. You never know who is going to play well against another player, for whatever reason.

If Duke is going to beat Michigan State, Redick will have to have a big game because MSU is notorious for crashing the boards very well. Shav and Shelden have a tendency to pick up quick fouls also, they have to stay away from that. MSU has to find someone to contain Redick for 20-25 points, and force others to step up.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 05:53 PM)
Paul's numbers are actually solid this year considering how much time he played, only 26 mpg. Shelden Williams played almost 8 more minutes a game. If you add the extra 8 minutes of production to Davis, his numbers would be.

15.4 ppg, 9.94 rpg. Which is very solid in his own right. Does Shelden own him whenever they play? Yes. But that just happens, Sean May always plays very well against Shelden for some reason, Shelden owns Luke Schenser, and Luke does very well against Sean. You never know who is going to play well against another player, for whatever reason.

If Duke is going to beat Michigan State, Redick will have to have a big game because MSU is notorious for crashing the boards very well. Shav and Shelden have a tendency to pick up quick fouls also, they have to stay away from that. MSU has to find someone to contain Redick for 20-25 points, and force others to step up.

MSU didn't crash the boards in the Iowa game and thats the big reason the Hawkeyes beat them in the big ten tourney. Still I like Izzo's coaching, but in the end Duke is going to pull it out.

We don't really know why Davis plays less then Williams. It could be because of Michigan State's depth or it could be because Davis isn't as well conditioned as Shelden. I'm not going to really further speculate into all that.

QUOTE(Butter Parque @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 06:55 AM)
We don't  really know why Davis plays less then Williams. It could be because of Michigan State's depth or it could be because Davis isn't as well conditioned as Shelden. I'm not going to really further speculate into all that.

Its Izzo's system. He likes he players to leave it all on the floor and uses the bench liberally to supliment their efforts.

And as for Maggette, he couldn't crack a line up with 3 absolute busts,(Carrawell, Avery, Langdon) but Davis has been a starter basically his whole time at MSU.

But then again, God forbid that anyone not at Duke be better than someone at Duke.

We'll see what some of these guys you have dissed (Stoudimire, McCants, Davis etc) do at the next level compared to some of the can't misses you keep telling us are so much better than everyone else.

Its Izzo's system. He likes he players to leave it all on the floor and uses the bench liberally to supliment their efforts.

And as for Maggette, he couldn't crack a line up with 3 absolute busts,(Carrawell, Avery, Langdon) but Davis has been a starter basically his whole time at MSU.

But then again, God forbid that anyone not at Duke be better than someone at Duke.

We'll see what some of these guys you have dissed (Stoudimire, McCants, Davis etc) do at the next level compared to some of the can't misses you keep telling us are so much better than everyone else.

I have no idea what your talking about, I think you lost your mind. Tjis post doesn't make any sense. How does what Carrawell, Langdon, and Avery do in the NBA affect how great they were in college. You make no sense with this argument.

Then you talk about how bad Duke players will be in the NBA and how McCants, Stoudamire, and Davis could be much better. HELLO! What the hell does that have to do with anything? I'm talking about college and how these kids have done this season and in prior college years.

here's the 1999 Duke Starting Lineup's stats:

Langdon- 17.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.9 apg, 1.4 steals per game

Brand- 17.7 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 1.1 apg, 1.3 spg, 2.2 blocks per game

Avery- 14.9 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.0 apg, 1.5 steals per game

Carrawell- 9.9 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 3.3 apg, 0.9 bpg, 0.8 spg

Battier- 9.1 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 1.2 bpg, 1.8 spg, 1.5 apg

Maggette didn't have a chance to make that lineup.

Oh good lord. You are just 100% against listening to anything that doesn't praise Duke. Sure its confusing because it isn't polishing Coach K's knob. I know that is hard to understand, and I definately won't waste my time trying anymore. Go back to your regularly scheduled hypocracy.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
My attempt at a BP style post -

Brown, Williams, Head, Powell Jr, and Augustine are the best 5 college basketball players of all time, and will become the best 5 NBA players of all time. Woo!!

The sad thing is your post just sounded like a TRL request on MTV. BP sounds like he's dead serious.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 10:22 AM)
What?!?!?!

Paul Davis, when he plays to potential, is a damn good basketball player. Randolph, on the other hand, is lucky if he finishes with more points than fouls in a lot of games.

Seriously, some of these biased posts are ridiculous.

The problem is that Davis rarely ever plays to his potential. These past couple games he has, but it hardly makes up for the rest of his career. The reason that Williams plays more minutes is because Davis has a tendency to loaf, which results in bench time. So you can't just project eight more minutes worth of stats and then say he's just as good as Williams. His minutes are fewer for a reason.

Shelden Williams is better than Paul Davis, but they're both way better than Shavlick Randolph.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 01:15 PM)
Spiff, i agree Davis doesn't always play to potential. I also agree Williams is better. However, i was arguing his post that read "davis=randolph"

Obviously "davis=randolph" is false. Randolph is a bust, Davis at least shows flashes.

Most of my post wasn't directed at you, but at the recent arguments in general. It's just that I quoted yours to begin with.

Davis does tend to loaf, but if he was in Shelden's place at Duke, he would be playing over 30 minutes a game also out of necessity. You are right in that you just can't add 8 minutes worth of production and get the exact production. But it works in most cases when you already have a significant amount of minutes being played. You can't say a guy averaging 2 points in 2 minutes of play would average 40 points a game if he had Redick minutes, but you can safely add a few minutes onto their play and get a reasonable estimate of their production.