Scioscia was almost the Sox manager

Mr. Showtime

From the SunTimes:

Mike Scioscia as manager of the White Sox? It could have happened, former Dodgers general manager Fred Claire says. In the mid-'90s, Sox general manager Ron Schueler called to ask permission to talk to Scioscia. It was fine with Claire, but Scioscia declined because he felt he needed more seasoning as an instructor and minor-league manager.

"It was typical of Mike to have a plan to get the experience he felt he needed before taking a job, even though his goal was to manage at the major-league level,'' Claire said Tuesday. "I felt he would and should be manager of the Dodgers one day.''

The irony is that after managing in the Dodgers' minor-league organization, Scioscia was let go and now finds himself managing the Angels in the American League Championship Series. Everybody knows where we can find the White Sox, of course.

Yes I would. Imo, Scioscia is one of the next true managers. His players love him, he's agressive and he manages the game the way i would. He tells his hitters the hell with the homer go for the contact and he preached that this entire off-season and now they don't strikeout, and because of that they can all move guys around.

Originally posted by Murcielago

Since when is Scioscia such a great manager?? He's had 1 winning season with a great team! 

I wouldn't put him in the class of:

Baker,Piniella,Cox,and La Russa

Not yet anyway. But I do agree that he has to prove himself with consistent first-place finishes and/or playoff appearances. Only then will he be classed with the above.