Sox Finalize Roster

MILWAUKEE -- Ladies and gentlemen, your 2005 Chicago White Sox.

Following their Saturday exhibition finale against Milwaukee, Chicago made a flurry of expected roster moves to complete their Opening Day roster, purchasing the contracts of Pablo Ozuna and Chris Widger, optioning left-hander Kevin Walker to Triple-A Charlotte and placing Frank Thomas on the disabled list.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

Quote in the article:

Viz a Viz: Friday marked a return to his old stomping grounds for Luis Vizcaino, and a performance that was atypical of his previous Spring Training numbers.

The former Brewers right-hander, who came to Chicago in the offseason trade that moved Carlos Lee 90 miles north, allowed two runs in an inning of work. He also provided a moment of trepidation, missing a sign on a pitchout and throwing a ball over the plate in the seventh inning while facing Brewers shortstop J.J. Hardy, forcing Widger to make a lunging stab back across the plate.

"We have to get together tomorrow and the next day and get the signs right," said Guillen afterwards. "That happened to me last year, I called the pitchout and we missed the sign but the guy hit a groundball double play and we won the game. But thank God my catcher didn't get hurt and my umpire didn't get hit."

QUOTE(knightni @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 10:49 PM)
Quote in the article:

Viz a Viz: Friday marked a return to his old stomping grounds for Luis Vizcaino, and a performance that was atypical of his previous Spring Training numbers.

The former Brewers right-hander, who came to Chicago in the offseason trade that moved Carlos Lee 90 miles north, allowed two runs in an inning of work. He also provided a moment of trepidation, missing a sign on a pitchout and throwing a ball over the plate in the seventh inning while facing Brewers shortstop J.J. Hardy, forcing Widger to make a lunging stab back across the plate.

"We have to get together tomorrow and the next day and get the signs right," said Guillen afterwards. "That happened to me last year, I called the pitchout and we missed the sign but the guy hit a groundball double play and we won the game. But thank God my catcher didn't get hurt and my umpire didn't get hit."

I'd assume it's a typo; Merkin's had a few of those.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 10:32 PM)
i really hope its Timo of the two..... but dont count out Pablo Ozuna... yes he lit up spring training but now we get to see how he does up against the competition when it counts... lets hope he doesnt falter.

Ozuna is not going anywhere but the major leagues.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 10:32 PM)
i really hope its Timo of the two..... but dont count out Pablo Ozuna... yes he lit up spring training but now we get to see how he does up against the competition when it counts... lets hope he doesnt falter.

So that way Everett can be our backup SS right?

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
I want Timo to stay. I love the guy. I think he's a solid backup.

What exactly is solid about him?

His lack of power, his lack of patience, his .246 avg or the fact that he doesn't steal any bases?