***Opening Day Thread***

Brian

Anyone else see Ivan Rodruigez? Holy sh*t!!!!

He is a stick! Detroit announcers covering for him saying he did tons of cardio in the off season and less weights to drop lbs.

It is unbelievable how skinny he is.

Maggs strikes out swinging in his first AB as a Tiger.

Yeah, not surprised one bit that the Oh-Wee-Oh thing went with him.

It'll be interesting to see if Valentin gets the Joseeeeee JoseJoseJoseeeeee thing in LA.

Either way, I'm glad both of those annoying song/chants are gone, even if my daughter liked singing them. They were both way overplayed.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 03:02 PM)
Jeremy Bonderman was masterful today against the Royals.

7 IP

1.29 ERA

1.14 WHIP

7 Strikeouts

Props to those who were willing to take a chance on him in fantasy leagues.  Everyone has hyped him up like none other, although I wasn't buying it.

Charlotte > Kansas City

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 03:02 PM)
Jeremy Bonderman was masterful today against the Royals.

7 IP

1.29 ERA

1.14 WHIP

7 Strikeouts

Props to those who were willing to take a chance on him in fantasy leagues.  Everyone has hyped him up like none other, although I wasn't buying it.

Yes, Bonderman looked damn good today. Quite impressive.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 08:03 PM)
Charlotte > Kansas City

:lolhitting

Mike Sweeney went 0-4, though. Plus, DeJesus and Gotay could put up impressive numbers this year. Berroa tore it up this spring after a sophomore slump. They are a really bad offense all things considered, but they're still better than Charlotte. :D

But yeah, if someone were to make an argument that they have the worst offense in the majors, I wouldn't object.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 03:12 PM)
:lolhitting

Mike Sweeney went 0-4, though.  Plus, DeJesus and Gotay could put up impressive numbers this year.  Berroa tore it up this spring after a sophomore slump.  They are a really bad offense all things considered, but they're still better than Charlotte. :D

But yeah, if someone were to make an argument that they have the worst offense in the majors, I wouldn't object.

Yeah really Charlotte was a bad comparison, We don't have much top flite talent there. There is a AAA team out there that's better than them though.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 02:03 PM)
Charlotte > Kansas City

LOL, that's kinda what I was thinking when I saw Bonderman do well. I thought, 'Whoa, Bonderman did well, maybe I should have drafted him after all. Oh wait, it was against the Royals, nevermind.' :bang