WOW!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND

O'Reill is part of the anti-Texas media. America needs Delay. I'm not certain why the anti-Texas media have targeted this man for extermination. I'll bet there are campaigns all over this country where the candidate has family that are savvy and can help and are getting paid. I don't see what is wrong with that.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 12:30 PM)
O'Reill is part of the anti-Texas media. America needs Delay. I'm not certain why the anti-Texas media have targeted this man for extermination. I'll bet there are campaigns all over this country where the candidate has family that are savvy and can help and are getting paid. I don't see what is wrong with that.

Why are you always so over-the-top and melodramatic? Its not always all-or-nothing, yet you act like it is. Chill out a bit, my fellow Sox fan, have a beer. Relax. :drink

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 08:23 AM)
Why are you always so over-the-top and melodramatic?  Its not always all-or-nothing, yet you act like it is.  Chill out a bit, my fellow Sox fan, have a beer.  Relax. :drink

It's just one thing after another and nothing is sticking and the stuff is getting weaker and weaker, older and older. I'm not a big fan of his, but this is ridiculous. Let the voters in his district decide if he needs to go. With the mid decade redistricting he added a half dozen house seats for the GOP. I know that has ticked some people off, me included, but bouncing him from office doesn't seem fair. Let his constituents do that.

Answer to part 1, it makes for better theater. :usa With Delay, they want him out. So it is kind of all or nothing. Let the voters decide, not some 8 year old campaign payments.

Defending the President on Schiavo? Yes

Defending the President on Immigration? Yes

Defending Delay? Yes

I am turning into such a great Republican :D

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 07:44 AM)
It's just one thing after another and nothing is sticking and the stuff is getting weaker and weaker, older and older. I'm not a big fan of his, but this is ridiculous. Let the voters in his district decide if he needs to go. With the mid decade redistricting he added a half dozen house seats for the GOP. I know that has ticked some people off, me included, but bouncing him from office doesn't seem fair. Let his constituents do that.

Answer to part 1, it makes for better theater.  :usa With Delay, they want him out. So it is kind of all or nothing. Let the voters decide, not some 8 year old campaign payments.

Defending the President on Schiavo? Yes

Defending the President on Immigration? Yes

Defending Delay? Yes

I am turning into such a great Republican  :D

I thought that Tex was being sarcastic on this issue yesterday, but I guess not.

From what I understand about this, what Delay did is perfectly legal. One can argue that it's unethical (I think it is), but I agree that tossing him out of office for legally handling PAC money may not be a fair course of action.

It shouldn't be a surprise that the (mostly) liberal media is anti-Texas. I'd take that as a compliment. :D

Lastly, O'Reilly's comments show beyond the shadow of a doubt that he is ceratinly not a tool of the G.O.P., as many have claimed.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 09:46 AM)
I thought that Tex was being sarcastic on this issue yesterday, but I guess not.

From what I understand about this, what Delay did is perfectly legal.  One can argue that it's unethical (I think it is), but I agree that tossing him out of office for legally handling PAC money may not be a fair course of action.

It shouldn't be a surprise that the (mostly) liberal media is anti-Texas.  I'd take that as a compliment. :D

Lastly, O'Reilly's comments show beyond the shadow of a doubt that he is ceratinly not a tool of the G.O.P., as many have claimed.

I put sarcasm in green. For twenty years voters in his district have been sending him to Washington. Shouldn't they be the ones to send him home?

Edited by Texsox

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 10:37 AM)
As long as what he did was legal, I agree.

And so far it's all been petty stuff. Notice none of the people who donated to the campaign have been complaining. So he asked a FAA to track an airplane. How would he know it was some abuse of power? He was just trying to get the Texas Legislature working again instead of hiding in Oklahoma.

Let the voters in Sugarland take care of it. I am certain the Dem party up that way will find a good candidate and give the voters in the 22nd District a chance, not leaving it up to some Yankees to come down and tell them what to do.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)
He's just ripping into Tom Delay over this whole money deal of his.  His eyes are bugging out of his head and he's screaming at this consultant who's trying to defend him.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. :P

It says something about Delay's f***ups when even Ailes and FNC won't defend him.

And Tex, at the very least he should step down from his position in the Ethics Committee (I mean, Hell, the GOP even removed a rule put forth during the "Republican Revolution" of 1994 that they used to politically target a few Democrats saying that if you were under investigation then you could not be chairman of a committee -- of course when Delay was being investigated, the GOP just removed that pesky little provision since they were on the wrong end of it now)

Hell, Where's Ken Starr when you need him? :lol: And lets not even get into his threats against judges -- http://rawstory.com/exclusives/byrne/laute...schiavo_401.htm

kinda off subject: was told (never watch, his mannerisms annoy me) o'reilly was talking about ward churchill tonight. and he asked where he graduated from college. turns out it was my school. i'm sooo honored.

:lol:

Edited by Goldmember

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. :P

It says something about Delay's f***ups when even Ailes and FNC won't defend him.

And Tex, at the very least he should step down from his position in the Ethics Committee (I mean, Hell, the GOP even removed a rule put forth during the "Republican Revolution" of 1994 that they used to politically target a few Democrats saying that if you were under investigation then you could not be chairman of a committee -- of course when Delay was being investigated, the GOP just removed that pesky little provision since they were on the wrong end of it now)

Hell, Where's Ken Starr when you need him?  :lol: And lets not even get into his threats against judges -- http://rawstory.com/exclusives/byrne/laute...schiavo_401.htm

I gotta agree with him stepping down from leadership positions. What bothers me the most about this is they took their best shot at him, it didn't bring him down, and now it's petty little stuff. If the Dems cannot win that seat the next go around, they do not deserve it.

Petty little stuff?

The guy took money from lobbyists to take a vacation in Saipan and then voted to make sure that this American territory is still a haven for sweatshops and sex slavery/"tourism."

How anyone can defend this is beyond me. This is a guy who replaced Republicans on the ethics committee who rebuked him for ethics violations and put his own toadies as a replacement for the people who actually cared a little about Congressional ethics. Then he changed the rules to make it impossible for Democrats on the committee to get an investigation started without the GOP members breaking ranks. Then he tried to get the rules changed in his own party to make it so that he wouldn't have to step down as majority leader if he was indicted. Personally I hope "Hot Tub Tom" stays in power. Because it makes the opposition's job that much easier next year.

The crimes that this guy committed as twice as bad as what they put Rostenkowski away for. It's time to go...

Like many Patriots before him, the Hammer is a target for trying to do too much to help Americans. I've stopped believing a lot of what I read and hear in the media. Besides, much of this is just accusations that have not been proven. We'll see what the voters in Sugarland think about it next election. Here is a guy that has unselfishly given 20 years of his life to public service, it's like booing Michael Jordan at the end of his career.

This really is an extension of the attempts to first discredit Bush, then Chaney, and now the Hammer. Notice they are all Texans. Notice they aren't digging up stuff on Hastert who I am certain must have a couple skeletons in his closet. Oh wait, he's from Illinois.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 07:24 AM)
Like many Patriots before him, the Hammer is a target for trying to do too much to help Americans. I've stopped believing a lot of what I read and hear in the media. Besides, much of this is just accusations that have not been proven. We'll see what the voters in Sugarland think about it next election. Here is a guy that has unselfishly given 20 years of his life to public service, it's like booing Michael Jordan at the end of his career.

This really is an extension of the attempts to first discredit Bush, then Chaney, and now the Hammer. Notice they are all Texans. Notice they aren't digging up stuff on Hastert who I am certain must have a couple skeletons in his closet. Oh wait, he's from Illinois.

Well there was "Sex Party" Ryan during the race with Obama that got the investigative dirt hammer dropped on him and he was from Illinois.

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 11:44 PM)
kinda off subject: was told (never watch, his mannerisms annoy me) o'reilly was talking about ward churchill tonight. and he asked where he graduated from college. turns out it was my school. i'm sooo honored.

:lol:

The worst part about Churchill is that he only has a Master's degree and somehow not only became a fully-tenured professor at a Big 12 school, but also served as a department head. IMO, he's not even qualified to be an assistant professor.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 07:24 AM)

There's some truth to that. I can't remember hearing much criticism from the media towards Ted Kennedy and John Kerry after the massive fraud in the Big Dig project happened on their watch. The media is much less inclined to go after liberals from Taxachusetts.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 11:11 AM)
Well there was "Sex Party" Ryan during the race with Obama that got the investigative dirt hammer dropped on him and he was from Illinois.

Yeah, I forgot about him, and Rosty. Maybe this isn't as much about bias, or maybe they are better at hiding it than I thought?

Regardless, remove him from leadership positions, but let the voters in Texas decide on the Hammer. Plus, don't we need a guy named the Hammer in Washington? WHat else is he going to do? Kills bugs or join the WWF? :huh

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 11:37 AM)
Yeah, I forgot about him, and Rosty. Maybe this isn't as much about bias, or maybe they are better at hiding it than I thought?

Regardless, remove him from leadership positions, but let the voters in Texas decide on the Hammer. Plus, don't we need a guy named the Hammer in Washington? WHat else is he going to do? Kills bugs or join the WWF?  :huh

Well we know he wouldn't have any Michael Jackson type problems because he knows U Can't Touch This

mchammersmall.jpg

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 11:38 AM)
Well we know he wouldn't have any Michael Jackson type problems because he knows U Can't Touch This

mchammersmall.jpgBefore

Actually he does have a Jackson type problem. Look a his current picture, he's getting whiter and whiter

capsteps.jpgAfter

Edited by Texsox

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 11:13 AM)
The worst part about Churchill is that he only has a Master's degree and somehow not only became a fully-tenured professor at a Big 12 school, but also served as a department head.  IMO, he's not even qualified to be an assistant professor.

There's some truth to that.  I can't remember hearing much criticism from the media towards Ted Kennedy and John Kerry after the massive fraud in the Big Dig project happened on their watch.  The media is much less inclined to go after liberals from Taxachusetts.

The last time I checked, Senators don't oversee construction projects.