NO MORE COOKIES???

Kid Gleason

That has to be the stupidest thing i've ever heard of. I mean Cookie Monster was my favorite character on Sesame Street as a kid and you didn't see me gobbling down plateful's of cookies. I just don't see why they needed to do this.

Edited by Jeckle2000

He's still going to eat cookies, just have them as part of a balanced diet.

I actually have way less problems with this move than I did with the demystification of Snuffelupagus (sp?) several years back. There was a time, when only Big Bird could see Snuffie, but the producers decided that was promoting lying instead of IMAGINATION (!!!), so they made him real for others to see. I think that ruined a pretty neat thing on the show.

btw, I hear next season, Bert and Ernie are going to drive to Massacheusetts to get married. :P

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 09:28 AM)
btw, I hear next season, Bert and Ernie are going to drive to Massacheusetts to get married.  :P

:D about frickin time. Their shacking up is just not right.

Does the Count need to stress the importance of not drinking other people's blood? You know, with AIDS, hepatitis and all! :P

I heard Michael Jackson was seen blowing Ernie by his security guard. Muppet molestation needs to stop! :bang

Well, while they're at it, they can come clean and admit that Gordon is not the real Gordon, and the real Gordon was abducted by bodysnatching space aliens and replaced with a Pea Pod Alien Gordon some time in the early 1970s...

RobinsonMatthew.jpg

gordon.jpg

Something is out there, people. My advice is DO NOT GO TO SLEEP!!

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 08:55 AM)
Well, while they're at it, they can come clean and admit that Gordon is not the real Gordon, and the real Gordon was abducted by bodysnatching space aliens and replaced with a Pea Pod Alien Gordon some time in the early 1970s...

RobinsonMatthew.jpg

gordon.jpg

Something is out there, people.  My advice is DO NOT GO TO SLEEP!!

I'm pretty sure this is what happened to Metallica too, right before the recording of the "Black Album".

Somewhere on a faraway planet, the REAL Metallica are looking down helplessly as the interplanetary imposters steal their identities, destroy their credibility, record "St. Anger" :puke and allow themselves to be filmed crying, meeting with a therapist, and having touchy-feely "how do YOOOOOOU feel about this?" band meetings.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 11:48 AM)
I'm pretty sure this is what happened to Metallica too, right before the recording of the "Black Album".

Somewhere on a faraway planet, the REAL Metallica are looking down helplessly as the interplanetary imposters steal their identities, destroy their credibility, record "St. Anger"  :puke  and allow themselves to be filmed crying, meeting with a therapist, and having touchy-feely "how do YOOOOOOU feel about this?" band meetings.

:(

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 11:48 AM)

Somewhere on a faraway planet, the REAL Metallica are looking down helplessly as the interplanetary imposters steal their identities, destroy their credibility, record "St. Anger"  :puke  and allow themselves to be filmed crying, meeting with a therapist, and having touchy-feely "how do YOOOOOOU feel about this?" band meetings.

That's a little rough. I've been a metallica fan since the Master of Puppets album. Although the music isn't as good as it was then, its still better than most of the music out there. I thought the last album had 3-5 good sounds....including St. Anger, Frantic and Some Kind of Monster. It was better than Reload.

The therapy thing was a little odd...but it worked for them. These guys are in their 40's now...not quite the same guys who became 'Alcholica'...

I saw them live back in August...still the best s*** you'll ever see....hands down.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 11:38 AM)
Although the music isn't as good as it was then, its still better than most of the music out there.  I thought the last album had 3-5 good sounds....including St. Anger, Frantic and Some Kind of Monster.  It was better than Reload.

I'll just sit back and disagree with that one. And even if it was better than most music out there, I will still opt for scrounging the past of music history and find something worthwhile other than torturing myself with one of the worst albums ever recorded. If that thing was recorded by anybody without the past that those guyus have, it would have been laughed out of the record company. Terrible writing, absolutley terrible writing and arranging on every single song.

"St. Anger"? Stupid name. Should have just named it "Complete and Utter s***" and just set those tapes and computers on fire.

Sorry, no offense meant. But when I hear that album it makes me sad that so many great bands go unnoticed. I am also not a past scorned fan, BTW. I've always disliked that band, but I atleast appreciate the skill they used to show and have. Now they are victims of their own success and arrogance.

I didn't like either. I prefered the 3:30 movies on ABC when they would do the theme weeks based around gorillas or whatever and would show the Planet Of The Apes, King Kong movies and then also would have the Godzilla and other giant critter movies. :P

But if I had to pick one, Electric Company, just for the cheesy Spider-Man episodes. Plus the beginning of Zoom was just annoying.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 11:38 AM)
That's a little rough.  I've been a metallica fan since the Master of Puppets album.  Although the music isn't as good as it was then, its still better than most of the music out there.  I thought the last album had 3-5 good sounds....including St. Anger, Frantic and Some Kind of Monster.  It was better than Reload.

The therapy thing was a little odd...but it worked for them.  These guys are in their 40's now...not quite the same guys who became 'Alcholica'...

I saw them live back in August...still the best s*** you'll ever see....hands down.

I'm in my 40's now, and I'm not qualified for "AlcoholicA" either anymore, but I still like metal, so why don't they!!! :D

I'm sure their old stuff still sounds good live, but I'm not interested in hearing anything after "...And Justice For All". It's just not the same band, and I don't like what they've become. If others do, that's cool, but to my ears it's just hideous.

I'm a loooooooong-time fan, but I also gave up on them over a decade ago. I've seen them in concert many times, the first being at Metro ( then called Cabaret Metro ) in I believe it was 1983 ( may have been 84? Raven was with them, I think it was 83....MAN, did I like Raven.... :headbang ) and the last time being in 93 or 94 at the Allstate Arena ( then called the Rosemont Horizon ). I heard all I needed to hear of the Black Album at that show, and I didn't like it one bit.

I'd say the best show I saw them put on was with Queensryche at the UIC Pavilion ( then called the UIC Pavilion ) in 1989. THAT was a great show!

That movie Some Kind Of Monster is some of the funniest s*** you will EVER see! It's not intended to be funny, but it is. It's on VH1 this Saturday at 9pm.