Williams answers questions

Mr. Showtime

that was basically what I expected. RARELY do GM's, especially anyone from the Sox, go out and answer the legit questions. they answer the easiest and safest questions.

there really isn't even a point in doing them. the only reason I see people asking is to get their name shown.

I thought he did a pretty good job answering the questions.

I liked his responses when it came to pitchers and his idea of having 16 guys and not just 12.

I, am the only one who happens to like Williams as a gm, and I will admit he has things to learn, but trust me in the end, he's going to be good.

The big thing coming out of this was that any trade is going to be minor league guys only.

That was basically what he said.

He mentioned Valentine and Almonte would be at Spring Training. So there not going anywhere. Have to wonder who he could deal.

Guest hotsoxchick1

jason if your liking kenny then you and 420 must have gotten a bad batch of dope and smoked it till your lungs gave out..... kenny ( and i have watched him in action not only up here but down in the minors as well) is a total control freak.. those articles that had ray ray and others talking about the spy games and such are just the tip of the iceberg in kennys grand scheme of things, he has to know everthing at every minute of every day when it concerns his players..and he has to have say in whos doing what each and every nite in the lineup and such...not totaly his job, if it were then we wouldnt have to spend money on jerry m would we??....kenny wants to go totaly young...that means that the one or two seasoned vets we desprately need to guide and coach these kids along in their day to day routines is slipping out the window...kenny answered jack s*** in those pussy questions.....did any of you send him questions? all i got out of them was buehrle will be gone if he wont settle for going year to year on his contract.. which means no commitment from our management on him.........ritchie will once again be shoved down our throats, and the only good thing about that is nardi isnt here to jinx him with the mound visit homer.........almonte and valentine will be asked to spring training and i can rest assure you that they wont be on our regular roster anytime soon, which sucks because our pen is in trouble as it stands now.... another seaosn down in the minors for both of them..... its possible we may have a chance to see miguel olivo up here but he has to battle out for the job against johnson and paul? is kenny f***in nuts on that one or what.. dump pauls waste of space ass now while we can get a decient minor leaguer for him.....adkins is showing promise.. well hells bells who in the minor system that kenny aquired isnt showing some type of promise??? the one question i wished he would have answered is when in the hell are you going to leave so the sox can aquire a compitent manager to fix all the wrongs on this team............f*** KENNY WILLIAMS AND f*** HIS IDEAS THEY ALL SUCK..............

You can thank me for the Buehrle question:

Dear Mr. Williams, I was wondering what steps are being taken to ensure that Mark Buehrle remains with the White Sox for a long, long time. I am aware that he is not up for arbitration yet, but will the White Sox make keeping Mark Buehrle one of their top priorities? Thank you for your time.

Alex Bozich, Bloomington, Indiana

He has been a top priority since the day that he stepped on campus. There were some attempts that were publicized last year, some overtures that we made to try to get him signed through some of his arbitration years. Obviously, there was not a meeting of the minds.

At this point in time if his people would like to come back, and we've made it known, that if his people would like to come back and revisit that offer or make another offer we are very open to doing that. But it's got to make sense for both sides. While I'm very hopeful for something to come along those lines there is the option of just taking this on a year-to-year basis.

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

jason if your liking kenny then you and 420 must have gotten a bad batch of dope and smoked it till your lungs gave out..... kenny ( and i have watched him in action not only up here but down in the minors as well) is a total control freak.. those articles that had ray ray and others talking about the spy games and such are just the tip of the iceberg in kennys grand scheme of things, he has to know everthing at every minute of every day when it concerns his players..and he has to have say in whos doing what each and every nite in the lineup and such...not totaly his job, if it were then we wouldnt have to spend money on jerry m would we??....kenny wants to go totaly young...that means that the one or two seasoned vets we desprately need to guide and coach these kids along in their day to day routines is slipping out the window...kenny answered jack s*** in those pussy questions.....did any of you send him questions? all i got out of them was buehrle will be gone if he wont settle for going year to year on his contract.. which means no commitment from our management on him.........ritchie will once again be shoved down our throats, and the only good thing about that is nardi isnt here to jinx him with the mound visit homer.........almonte and valentine will be asked to spring training and i can rest assure you that they wont be on our regular roster anytime soon, which sucks because our pen is in trouble as it stands now.... another seaosn down in the minors for both of them..... its possible we may have a chance to see miguel olivo up here but he has to battle out for the job against johnson and paul? is kenny f***in nuts on that one or what.. dump pauls waste of space ass now while we can get a decient minor leaguer for him.....adkins is showing promise.. well hells bells who in the minor system that kenny aquired isnt showing some type of promise??? the one question i wished he would have answered is when in the hell are you going to leave so the sox can aquire a compitent manager to fix all the wrongs on this team............f*** KENNY WILLIAMS AND f*** HIS IDEAS THEY ALL SUCK..............

Took the words right out of my mouth HSC :metal

Guest hotsoxchick1

im so glad to see someone agree with me killa... the upcoming season seems a bit dismal to say the least... i guess i wont have to spend alot for my tickets next year... maybe ill just go with the split package next year so i can still get my all star tickets... thats about the only reason i would renew them anyhow as things stand right now......FIRE KENNY WILLIAMS AND DO IT NOW JERRY REINSDORK BEFORE ITS TOO LATE AND WE HAVE TO HOLD A FUNERAL AT THE PARK FOR THE DEAD SEASON WERE ABOUT TO FACE...........:o

Originally posted by abozichiu

You can thank me for the Buehrle question:

Dear Mr. Williams, I was wondering what steps are being taken to ensure that Mark Buehrle remains with the White Sox for a long, long time. I am aware that he is not up for arbitration yet, but will the White Sox make keeping Mark Buehrle one of their top priorities? Thank you for your time. 

Alex Bozich, Bloomington, Indiana 

He has been a top priority since the day that he stepped on campus. There were some attempts that were publicized last year, some overtures that we made to try to get him signed through some of his arbitration years. Obviously, there was not a meeting of the minds. 

At this point in time if his people would like to come back, and we've made it known, that if his people would like to come back and revisit that offer or make another offer we are very open to doing that. But it's got to make sense for both sides. While I'm very hopeful for something to come along those lines there is the option of just taking this on a year-to-year basis. 

I saw that name and I sat their thinking, that it had to of been you. They didn't answer my question.

Guest hotsoxchick1

thats because you sent him a 500,000 dollar question.. jas you should have stuck with the 100.00 dollar ones.....lol.. ya know kenny cant be no millionare without more than one lifeline ........:P

im so glad to see someone agree with me killa... the upcoming season seems a bit dismal to say the least... i guess i wont have to spend alot for my tickets  next year... maybe ill just go with the split package next year so i can still get my all star tickets... thats about the only reason i would renew them anyhow as things stand right now......FIRE KENNY WILLIAMS AND DO IT NOW JERRY REINSDORK BEFORE ITS TOO LATE AND WE HAVE TO HOLD A FUNERAL AT THE PARK FOR THE DEAD SEASON WERE ABOUT TO FACE...........:o

CubKilla is not the only one. Although I'm not as close to the situation as you are, the work I do involves "information" and "research" so hopefully at my age I have some smarts and instincts. Your assessment of Kenny and the management situation is real close to mine and as I already said you're in a better position to know than I am. The Sox are just going to have to win inspite of it all.

Here's what I want to know.

Whats so wrong with bringing Todd Ritchie back to give him a shot and see if he can prove it? It isn't like he's promised a slot in the rotation. This is a guy that pitched pretty damn well the first 8 starts, and had a good season or two in Pittsburgh for a real crappy team.

Now lets look at the pen, yes I like Valentine or Almonte, but we also have to think of how many minor league relievers actually turn into a damn thing at the major league level. Also, Valentine so far has gotten shelled down in the Arizona League and our bullpen is pretty full right now.

Personally, for anyone to call our bullpen crappy is wrong, imo. I can't think of many bullpens with a Keith Foulke, Damaso Marte, Antonio Osuna, and Gary Glover. Those guys all excell in the pen and then we also have Wunsch or Porzio as well as Biddle or Ritchie possibly.

The only two I could disagree with is Biddle or Ritchie, but they've earned their right to fight for another season at least at the beginning.

Plus, is it really going to hurt Valentine to get some time in AAA?

The one flaw I disagree with when it comes to Williams is his whole control ideas, otherwise I don't see what makes him so terrible. I see a whole lot of other gm's that do the job a lot worse then him, and I can't think of many that have built as good of a farm system and put together a solid unit of players to go around Konerko, Maggs and Buerhle.

I want Ritchie back, I think he'll turn it around.

Marte has had one good year, let's see if he can do it again. Foulke won't be here the whole season, so don't count on him bucko.

If Williams makes a deal like we all think he will, Valentine or Almonte is gonna have to be involved.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Originally posted by SI1020

im so glad to see someone agree with me killa... the upcoming season seems a bit dismal to say the least... i guess i wont have to spend alot for my tickets  next year... maybe ill just go with the split package next year so i can still get my all star tickets... thats about the only reason i would renew them anyhow as things stand right now......FIRE KENNY WILLIAMS AND DO IT NOW JERRY REINSDORK BEFORE ITS TOO LATE AND WE HAVE TO HOLD A FUNERAL AT THE PARK FOR THE DEAD SEASON WERE ABOUT TO FACE...........:o

CubKilla is not the only one. Although I'm not as close to the situation as you are, the work I do involves "information" and "research" so hopefully at my age I have some smarts and instincts. Your assessment of Kenny and the management situation is real close to mine and as I already said you're in a better position to know than I am. The Sox are just going to have to win inspite of it all.

thank you for the vote of confidence.. now theres three of us who can realize what exactly is going on here........ kenny has got to go.............

Make the count 4,HSC.I've been with you on this all the way as well.How many Tailgate parties have we talked about this subject at?? I haven't trusted him since last off season,and I can assure you I trust him less now.His s***ty answer on the Beuhrle contract issue tells you all you need to know.

It's time for Reinsdork AND Lenny to get the f*** out!!

I sort of liked KW's answer to the questions. It made me think for once he had sort of a clue. ....

But then I'm glad i read hotsoxchik's commentary to bring me back to reality.

KW nearly had me shifting position, but I liked soxchick bringing me back to reality.

KW to me looked good in his answers to these questions, but I respect chick's comments more.

I need to remind myself how mad KW's dumb moves have made me in the past.

p.s. just say no to to todd ritchie.

let him go, kw, let him go.

Yep, make sure you remind us about KW's ineptitude if we ever start thinking he's a good GM.

You must always remind us!

Thanks and keep us in check!

Chik, you are hot lately with your comments.

So knowing KW and Jerry the way you/we do, give me your prediction for our offseason acquistions.

I pray he doesn't make a bad trade involving Crede.

I say he will sign one of those pitchers listed before if Frank leaves.

No he won't. He's going to keep most of the guys. I could see a few people moving, but I think on the most part you may see him deal a couple of mid level pitchers, but only to make us stronger in other areas in the farms.

Most of our action will come on the free agent market this year, imo.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

No he won't.  He's going to keep most of the guys.  I could see a few people moving, but I think on the most part you may see him deal a couple of mid level pitchers, but only to make us stronger in other areas in the farms.

Most of our action will come on the free agent market this year, imo.

What good free agents will want to come here though?