Pablo Ozuna may start on Sunday...

Jabroni

Unfortunately it won't be at 3rd base in place of Crede...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

New at No. 2: Much to the chagrin of the throng of Japanese media who follow Tadahito Iguchi's daily route, the White Sox second baseman was given a day off Friday night in the series opener against Minnesota. Willie Harris, who made 76 starts at second for the White Sox in 2004, took Iguchi's place in the field and in the second spot of the order.

Guillen termed the change more a way of getting Harris at-bats, picking right-hander Kyle Lohse as a good matchup for the left-handed hitter. Harris was 4-for-14 against the Minnesota starter prior to Friday's game.

"I want to get everybody ready just in case we are going to need them," Guillen said. "It's not fair to sit a guy for three weeks and all of a sudden we're going to play him and we're going to expect him to do good."

With the playing time idea in mind, Guillen said that Pablo Ozuna might get a start in left field during Sunday night's series finale against Johan Santana.

How nice it must be to get your first start of the season against Johan Santana. :banghead

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 11:05 PM)

How nice it must be to get your first start of the season against Johan Santana. :banghead

It makes sense though. Give Scott a day off against a tough lefty, makes perfect sense to me actually.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 11:05 PM)

That won't faze him I believe it Pablo back in 1999 he took a line off the face from Albert Pujols in fielding drills back in the Midwest League where Albert and him where teamates @ Peoria. I have a lot of respect for Pablo and he is a much underated player

Ozzie's got to keep these guys sharp and involved. I understand why he played Harris, but I found it ironic that Iguchi is considered questionable on defense because he's used to turf and his first day off is at the Hump.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 12:50 AM)
With Ozuna getting a start in left, it looks more and more as if Timo's days with the Sox are numbered with Frank coming back.

Why replace Pods with Timo, another lefty? :huh

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 11:50 PM)
With Ozuna getting a start in left, it looks more and more as if Timo's days with the Sox are numbered with Frank coming back.

Nah, Pablo can play left and ozzie just wants to get as many righties as possible in against Johan. Ozzie and kenny like Timo to much to get rid of him, as do I :P

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 11:54 PM)
Nah, Pablo can play left and ozzie just wants to get as many righties as possible in against Johan.  Ozzie and kenny like Timo to much to get rid of him, as do I :P

I like Timo too, but just like Pablo, Timo needs to get some action sometime, just not against Johan though.

Now NOBODY likes Timo more than Hawk...I can STILL hear "C'MON TIMO!!!!" in my head. :D

IMHO, Timo won't get any more than 1 start per 10 days, and even less when Frank's back (1 start every 2 weeks). He's great to have on the bench tho, as well as in case of injury (knock on wood that that doesn't happen).

QUOTE(BridgeportHeather @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 12:13 AM)
Now NOBODY likes Timo more than Hawk...I can STILL hear "C'MON TIMO!!!!" in my head. :D

IMHO, Timo won't get any more than 1 start per 10 days, and even less when Frank's back (1 start every 2 weeks).  He's great to have on the bench tho, as well as in case of injury (knock on wood that that doesn't happen).

Timo May see Charlotte this year.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 12:42 AM)
I doubt that.  I believe they'd trade him before sending him down.  He's done nothing to play himself out of the majors.

Well now you're just talking crazy :bang :D

Seriously though, I don't really mind Timo - he is clutch, whatever that is worth - but clutch does not mean a thing if you can't produce otherwise, you're a 4th/5th OFer, and you are getting paid $1 mill. That's about the only thing I have against Timo.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 01:57 AM)
Well now you're just talking crazy  :bang  :D

Seriously though, I don't really mind Timo - he is clutch, whatever that is worth - but clutch does not mean a thing if you can't produce otherwise, you're a 4th/5th OFer, and you are getting paid $1 mill.  That's about the only thing I have against Timo.

Why is that talking crazy? Just curious as to your line of thought.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 12:52 AM)
Why replace Pods with Timo, another lefty?  :huh

You misunderstood my point.

With Ozuna being able to play outfield, the Sox have seven players capable of playing outfield on the roster (7.5 if you count Gload as an OF, but let's not). This means when Frank comes back, one of those OF becomes expendable. Everett becomes the fourth OF, Ozuna and Willie both play infield as well as outfield and both have speed which leaves Timo with even less chance to play.

Nothing against Timo, but he just appears to be the one on the bubble when FT comes back.

You misunderstood my point. 

With Ozuna being able to play outfield, the Sox have seven players capable of playing outfield on the roster (7.5 if you count Gload as an OF, but let's not).  This means when Frank comes back, one of those OF becomes expendable.  Everett becomes the fourth OF, Ozuna and Willie both play infield as well as outfield and both have speed which leaves Timo with even less chance to play.

Nothing against Timo, but he just appears to be the one on the bubble when FT comes back.

You might be right.

Injuries hopefully will not play a part in this decision, but KW himself said his toughest roster decision comes when Frank is ready to play.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 11:42 PM)
I doubt that.  I believe they'd trade him before sending him down.  He's done nothing to play himself out of the majors.

O.k I'll bite, he's done nothing to play himself outta the majors? A.285 OBP last year is more then enough.

QUOTE(Mathew @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
O.k I'll bite, he's done nothing to play himself outta the majors?  A.285 OBP last year is more then enough.

Timo did an adequate job as an extra outfielder last year. You don't expect triple crown numbers from a bench player. He filled his role and contributed to the team. They won't send Timo down. They'll trade him if at all possible.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 12:01 PM)
Let uribe rest Sunday

That'd probably be my idea too, don't want to overwork Juan too hard, even if it's still definitely early. Be good to see how Ozuna goes against Santana.

Dye is 4 for 27 (.148) vs Radke, Timo is now 4 for 13 (.308). So last night's move made a lot of sense.

Podsednik is 1 for 6 (.167) vs Santana. Ozuna has never faced him. This one looks like more like protecting Pods from a killer lefty while getting Ozuna some ABs. If Santana gets out of the game look for Pods to come in moving Ozu to 3B.