White Sox @ Twins: 4/10/05 Game Thread

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 07:42 PM)
Anyone else think Uribe's having a tough time fielding this season?  He doesn't seem to be picking up balls cleanly, and his throws aren't nearly as accurate as they were last season.

Good job by Buehrle there keeping the Sox in the game.

That was Tad. Uribe gets the job done and got it to Tad with more than enough time.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 01:44 AM)
That was Tad. Uribe gets the job done and got it to Tad with more than enough time.

I know that botched DP was Tad's fault. I was more making an observation about what I've seen over the course of this first week. I was amazed at his throwing accuracy last year, but this year, he seems to be high on all his throws.

Not a good throw by Iguchi but from where I sat Konerko got the tag on Hunter's shoulder a split second before he hit the bag.

But I wouldn't expect to get a close call vs. Hunter in the Metrodome.

Meanwhile ... Sox hitters keep striking out.

Sit on one pitch or the other, look for it and drive it.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 09:44 PM)
What does this have to do with Crede's suckiness? :huh:

Heh, at least you didn't deny it.

All I am saying is that it's going to be a long season if we have to hear about Crede sucking everytime he makes a bad play or has a horrible at-bat.

Chill out on the bashing, we won the damn series, it's the 6th game of the season and you guys are already calling for people's head.

Santana's in a groove.

We're still gonna take two out of three, though, and who knows, maybe we can string together a late run here. Iguchi seems to be the only guy on the team with the right approach tonight, like you were saying Jim...

Sox go out meekly in that inning.

I'm curious why they wouldn't set the tone by making Hunter move his feet on the 1st at bat.

This is close to the horse being out of the barn now.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 07:47 PM)
Why the hell can't anyway decide what pitch they want to hit??? It's simply changeup or fastball. Pick it, look for it and wait for it to be in the strike zone.

It ain't that fricken easy, you should tell the rest of the league that also.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 07:46 PM)
I know that botched DP was Tad's fault.  I was more making an observation about what I've seen over the course of this first week.  I was amazed at his throwing accuracy last year, but this year, he seems to be high on all his throws.

??? I haven't seen the same thing. Maybe someone else has. I think most of his fielding his been up to par with last season's.

ESPN bozos will be using this game to state why the Sox won't be in it...."See they face a tough pitcher and they fold up like a circus tent"...or some bulls*** like that. Even though granted the Sox aren't looking too good since they scored the 2 runs....

Santana's a stud...plain and simple. It's not as easy as some thing about just sitting on a pitch. Santana's fastball comes out of his hand the same way his change-up. Thus, by the time you have to decide, it's too late. You have to play a perfect game to beat Santana, and we definitely aren't.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 07:48 PM)
It ain't that fricken easy, you should tell the rest of the league that also.

Well they at least know what pitch to hit and try to drive it. Most hitters get contact on the pitch they want. Sox are whiffing on everything. Want the change one pitch and end up swinging on a fastball. Want a fastball the next pitch and swing on a changeup away.