White Sox @ Twins: 4/10/05 Game Thread

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
Heh, at least you didn't deny it.

All I am saying is that it's going to be a long season if we have to hear about Crede sucking everytime he makes a bad play or has a horrible at-bat.

Chill out on the bashing, we won the damn series, it's the 6th game of the season and you guys are already calling for people's head.

Ain't that the tryuth. April 10th and I'm already tired of it.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
ESPN bozos will be using this game to state why the Sox won't be in it...."See they face a tough pitcher and they fold up like a circus tent"...or some bulls*** like that. Even though granted the Sox aren't looking too good since they scored the 2 runs....

Most teams are going to falter against him. THere is a REASOn he is the Cy young award. If ESPN tries to pull that BS, I just wont listen.

Heh, at least you didn't deny it.

All I am saying is that it's going to be a long season if we have to hear about Crede sucking everytime he makes a bad play or has a horrible at-bat.

Chill out on the bashing, we won the damn series, it's the 6th game of the season and you guys are already calling for people's head.

But Crede's play does not bode well for the rest of the season. It's quite obvious that we will have the same hole in the lineup as last year and his name is Joe Crede. He's not even playing good defense, and his glove is the only reason he is starting on this team. Ozzie had better be ready to make the change when Crede continues to go 0 for 4 every game.

no more ESPN games would be fine with me.

this is a double curse cause they'll be getting into Cleveland at 3 in the morning (time change) for a day game.

not good.

thought they'd send Garcia down early, but I saw him sitting in the dugout.

He should have flown out today if he is pitching tomorrow.

Santana's a stud...plain and simple.  It's not as easy as some thing about just sitting on a pitch.  Santana's fastball comes out of his hand the same way his change-up.  Thus, by the time you have to decide, it's too late.  You have to play a perfect game to beat Santana, and we definitely aren't.

You're right it's not easy because his arm speed is the same for both pitches. But if as a hitter you get caught in between, forget it.

Iguchi seems to have the right approach, and he's never seen this guy before.

I was hoping the two early runs coupled with a homer by Paulie would be enough.

But we didn't get the Paulie homer, understandably, since this guy can pitch like a fiend.

Maybe we'll get luck in the late innings and pull it out for da sweep.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 01:50 AM)
Ain't that the tryuth.  April 10th and I'm already tired of it.

Same as last year, YAS and Boz.

We win a game, we're World Series bound. We lose a game, we'll be lucky to win 50. The highs and lows are really unbelievable...

Hey -- see, nice play by Crede, and I doubt Ozuna makes that play.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
Ain't that the tryuth.  April 10th and I'm already tired of it.

Join the club, I don't see how we can just jump all over people as we sit here with a 4-1 record and have won the first two series of the year.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
Well they at least know what pitch to hit and try to drive it. Most hitters get contact on the pitch they want. Sox are whiffing on everything. Want the change one pitch and end up swinging on a fastball. Want a fastball the next pitch and swing on a changeup away.

I can guarantee you most of the sox hitters are trying to sit on the fastball but the motion on his changeup is so perfect. A lot of our hitters see his changeup as a fastball coming out of the hand and then......POOF it's gone.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 07:53 PM)
I can guarantee you most of the sox hitters are trying to sit on the fastball but the motion on his changeup is so perfect.  A lot of our hitters see his changeup as a fastball coming out of the hand and then......POOF it's gone.

I guess this is what the Mariners were seeing on Tuesday.