Butter Parque

White Sox @ Twins: 4/10/05 Game Thread

No one should be surprised at Crede's slow start.

It's been that way for a few years now.

He is a notorious slow starter.

What concerns me is that he make the plays defensively in the field and hit .250.

He is obviously not the long term answer at 3B for us, but we've just got to make due until Fields is ready.

In the meantime, I'll root for Crede to get it together rather than starting an Anti-Joe Crede fan club.

Crede hit .239 last season, not .250.

It's going to be hard to root for a guy that hits under .240 and continues to show why his defense is overrated.

Edited by Jabroni

Wanna know why Iguchi has him figured out?? Cause he can sit on a change up, unlike what Paul just did.

Paulie Ks.

It should be noted that Johan has thrown 81 pitches through 5 innings, hopefully he can only go another inning or so.

Guest JimH

Konerko is clueless vs. Santana. He is thinking too much up there. Pick either the fastball or the change up, and be ready to hit it.

Once again, he is outguessing himself. Not smart. Big opportunity by the boards.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 07:32 PM)
why are they chatting with Ozzie? Remember what happened last year?

Yeah im pretty sure he still doesnt know how to speak english

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 09:31 PM)
It's going to be hard to root for a guy that hits under .240 and continues to show why his defense is overrated.

Personally I root for everyone on this team, don't know about you.

Just saw a post from one of last year's game threads where half of the Anti Crede club was slurping him up after he had a great game.

Knee jerk reactions to any one play this early in the season is just a huge overreaction.

Here's my thought on Crede: I don't like him, I wish we had a better option at 3b. However, I highly doubt that Ozuna could play 3b for an entire season. Remember, the most popular player in town is always the back-up quarterback. I'll still root for Crede because if he does well, it helps the Sox.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 07:32 PM)
Konerko needs to buy a clue

f*** man, this is Johan Santana...3-19 lifetime for Pauly. You don't just buy a clue against Johan.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 08:33 PM)

Just saw a post from one of last year's game threads where half of the Anti Crede club was slurping him up after he had a great game.

Knee jerk reactions to any one play this early in the season is just a huge overreaction.

:notworthy

QUOTE(whitesoxfan13 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)
Paulie Ks.

It should be noted that Johan has thrown 81 pitches through 5 innings, hopefully he can only go another inning or so.

Thanks!

Guest JimH

Wow, does that kind of flip flopping stuff happen on this board??????

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)
Konerko is clueless vs. Santana.  He is thinking too much up there.  Pick either the fastball or the change up, and be ready to hit it.

Once again, he is outguessing himself.  Not smart.  Big opportunity by the boards.

Yeah. He needs to sit on the change up since he throws it so much. Or the fastball since he throws it over the plate so much. Just pick damnit and hit.

There's a difference between rooting for someone and realizing that they are not a good hitter and have been playing horrid defense.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
Wow, does that kind of flip flopping stuff happen on this board??????

This place is full of flip floppers.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 09:37 PM)
So you wanna join in on Crede's Crew???

Just wondering, when did I join?

I root for everyone on the sox. Meaning willie, timo, evertt, paulie, iguchi etc. all well good Sox players and could help the SOX.

But crede just inst "sox" to me. Hes like 2-20? hes slow. he hasnt been playing much defense. the sox arn`t about this.

With timo in his place, we have speed, hopefully a beter defender. and at the least...the same amoutn of hitting :P