White Sox @ Twins: 4/10/05 Game Thread

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 08:11 AM)
I haven't read through all of this, but to whoever said that Santana wasn't one of the top pitchers in baseball, and ranked Buehrle ahead of him, go back and watch the last 4 innings that Santana pitched.  Then come back and tell me if you have ever seen a preformance like that EVER out of Mark Buehrle.  Mark has had his great starts, but he has never been absolutely unhitable like Santana was.  Really Santana should have had a shutout, or have given up just one run at most.  Guillen's aggressive managing was what got them both of those runs.

I hate to lose to the Twins, but I gotta give credit where credit is due.  Johan Santana is probably the best pitcher in the AL right now.

Another one who doesn't know s*** about baseball and is mentally challenged.

:rolly

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 11:24 AM)
Another one who doesn't know s*** about baseball and is mentally challenged.

:rolly

I'll tell you waht. If SS2k5 is mentally challenged and doesn't know s*** about baseball, then I'd be honored to be classified right along with him.

I'd lay off the get a f'g brain comments.... Just a suggestion....

Don't give me the school teacher crap. I've met LOTs of teachers in my lifetime that didn't have a brain. Good at absorbing knowledge but stupid when it comes to applying it.

ZR is the talent stat ignoramous. RF is the sure-hands stat. Just because you are ignorant to it's value doesn't mean it's meaningless. They wouldn't keep track of it or make use of it in more complex stats if it didn't have value.

Oh and please spare me the sanctimonious s***. If someone throws a punch at me I'll beat them into submission in an act of self defense. It's the same thing with words. It's pretty obvious who threw the first punches in this thread.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 11:07 AM)
Believe what you will.  I saw the play.  Mauer is no where in position to make that play,

Probably because he wasn't in the game at the time... :lolhitting

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 11:15 AM)
Hey Captain Stat, take a look at the box score.  Mauer wasn't catching.  So much for seeing the play.

Knock off the imflammatory adjectives as well.  There's been a lot of "clueless" "ignorant" "stupid" "ridiculous" etc. coming out of your yap lately.  Qwerty is right, you're doing a good job pissing people off.

Think about this ... Cora is one of the most aggressive 3B coaches in the league and Iguchi does have base stealer speed.  I wonder why Cora didn't send him ... um, maybe because he would have been thrown out by 10 feet.

But ... you know better I'm sure.

:lol:

With all this zone rating stat crap going on, the only thing i can think of is that we should just simulate these games on my PS2, i can enter in all these statistics and play it out, because reality and randomness of different plays doesn't matter whatsoever, nor does baseball strategy. Baseball is apparently just purely a game of statistics.

Please, don't ever coach my son in little league.

Edited by IlliniKrush

Don't give me the school teacher crap.  I've met LOTs of teachers in my lifetime that didn't have a brain.  Good at absorbing knowledge but stupid when it comes to applying it. 

ZR is the talent stat ignoramous.  RF is the sure-hands stat.  Just because you are ignorant to it's value doesn't mean it's meaningless.  They wouldn't keep track of it or make use of it in more complex stats if it didn't have value. 

Oh and please spare me the sanctimonious s***.  If someone throws a punch at me I'll  beat them into submission in an act of self defense.  It's the same thing with words.  It's pretty obvious who threw the first punches in this thread.

Holy smokes.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 11:39 AM)
You don't mess with Mike or you get this  :chair

It has nothing to do with messing with me... it has everything to do with having an admin, a mod, and numerous posters warning you to quit the name calling, and then not doing so.