Fatass David Wells gets rocked

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 11:54 PM)
Sorry mods,  wrong boards  please move for me will ya

Not a problem :)

And I laugh at the Red Sox. Their rotation is scary-bad. Even when Schilling gets back, it is Schilling-Wells-Clement-Arroyo-Wake/Miller...it is deep and all, but it is not something I want going into the playoffs. To be quite honest, I prefer the Sox rotation over the Red Sox rotation...in a heartbeat...without thinking about age or anything else.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 12:58 PM)
I'm still mad about him calling out Frank when he didn't know the severity of the injury, then injuring himself. He just didn't want to be here.

IIRC, KW was the one who did not want him back. Boomer did want to come back, because he pitched like complete s*** for us and wanted to redeem himself.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 05:56 PM)
IIRC, KW was the one who did not want him back.  Boomer did want to come back, because he pitched like complete s*** for us and wanted to redeem himself.

It would have been cost prohibitive to bring him back. We had to offer him arbit after he made something like $9 million the year prior, or not be able to talk to him.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 11:17 AM)
It would have been cost prohibitive to bring him back.  We had to offer him arbit after he made something like $9 million the year prior, or not be able to talk to him.

LOL, well that would make sense as to why KW said no then.

I do recall that Boomer did want to come back, because he had pitched so poorly for us.

I also recall saying he liked Chicago and that the White Sox were one of a few teams he would not mind pitching for.