And That's a White Sox Winner!

Cloudyguy09

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 02:36 AM)
Could this be another "Winning Ugly" team?

Too early to say that.

Plus, I served with Doug Rader. I knew Doug Rader. Doug Rader was a friend of mine. Poster, you're no Doug Rader.

Okay, so I didn't do any of those things. But if we wait it out, Dmitri Young will produce another stupid quote that can be used to nickname our team.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the same thing with willie replacing aj, I also wanted Timo to pinch hit for Crede in the 7th not because I have anything against Joe because like I've been saying he's looked much better at the plate lately but I just thought that was a perfect situation for Timo. I'm very happy ozzie stayed with Joe there now, that's why he makes the f'n lineup :P As far as Jose goes, he couldn't throw a strike in the first few innings but some how battled and kept the team and himself in the game, if this is last year with Contreras I think that game could have got ugly very quickly but he seems to be maturing more and more. Also what can you really say about the pen, Damaso looked exceptional as did Viz and Hermy, fantastic job by those guys.

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 02:32 AM)
Ozzie Guillen=terrible.

Why is Contreras brought out to pitch the 7th. I thought that is why we acquired Hermanson Vizcaino, kept Politte.

Jose salvaged what was a terrible beginning into a nice start and should have been done after 6. But instead idiot Ozzie brings him out in the 7th and he gives up the lead.

Ozzie is not a very good manager.

I'm very happy with the win, despite the manager constantly making bad decisions.

It wasnt that bad of a decision... I mean he did get through the 1st 2 batters with relative ease... and it was a full count to Sizemore.... if it wasnt a HR i bet Marte would of came in and finished it out but hey ---- happens

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 02:44 AM)
As far as Jose goes, he couldn't throw a strike in the first few innings but some how battled and kept the team and himself in the game, if this is last year with Contreras I think that game could have got ugly very quickly but he seems to be maturing more and more.

When he's fully mature, he'll be just about ready for retirement.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
When he's fully mature, he'll be just about ready for retirement.

Ha. Maybe maturing isn't the right word but I mean he's definitely pitching smarter, he still has control issues but in these two starts and the starts I saw him pitch in the spring he's using his fastball much, much more then he did last year.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 09:00 PM)
Man,  I absolutely love our bullpen.  For the last two years i've had no faith in anybody outside of Marte,  Shingo,  And Gordon in 2003.  Now we've got 4 if not 5 guys that we know can come in and do the job.  It's a great feeling.

Honestly for me with Cliff getting his slider over right now, I basically have faith in anyone we put into the game, that's an unbelievable feeling.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 09:01 PM)
Honestly for me with Cliff getting his slider over right now, I basically have faith in anyone we put into the game, that's an unbelievable feeling.

Indeed. Hopefully Ozzie realizes that Pollite should only pitch against right handers. Let Damaso, Luis, and Cotts handle the left handed hitters.

Didn't get to see the game tonight. Looked like Contreras was a bit wild, but I'm glad to see the "W". Why didn't Shingo pitch the 10th? He had yesterday off and has only pitched once in the last four days. :huh:

A sweep tomorrow would be great, but it's not necessary. As long as we win series, we're in good shape. :gosox3:

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 09:23 PM)
Ozzie said that he used Hermanson tonight because Coco Crisp has good numbers against Shingo.  He also said that Shingo is still his closer.

I don't believe it. Sounds to me like Ozzie didn't want Shingo facing the guys that teed off on him last week, rather than anything to do with Crisp specifically.

I'm glad to hear that he's still the closer, though. ONE bad outing still puts him a loooong way from losing what he earned last year.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 03:23 AM)
Ozzie said that he used Hermanson tonight because Coco Crisp has good numbers against Shingo.  He also said that Shingo is still his closer.

I did say "fans".

Honestly, I have my doubts about Ozzie's faith in Shingo, but I wasn't blaming him here. I'm not arguing with his use of Shingo at all. I just think that the one bad outing by Shingo has caused some overreaction here.

I did say "fans".

Honestly, I have my doubts about Ozzie's faith in Shingo, but I wasn't blaming him here.  I'm not arguing with his use of Shingo at all.  I just think that the one bad outing by Shingo has caused some overreaction here.

Shingo has some trouble with lefties and Crisp, Sizemore, and Hafner are all lefties. It was a smart move by Ozzie, period.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 09:35 PM)
Shingo has some trouble with lefties and Crisp, Sizemore, and Hafner are all lefties.  It was a smart move by Ozzie, period.

I agree. Sidearm throwers are suceptible to the opposite hitters. When you have a number of lefties coming up, I would go away from Shingo also.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
I did say "fans".

Honestly, I have my doubts about Ozzie's faith in Shingo, but I wasn't blaming him here.  I'm not arguing with his use of Shingo at all.  I just think that the one bad outing by Shingo has caused some overreaction here.

agreed this has been takin out of proportion a bit..shiggy will be shiggy if u noticed he wasnt throwin the frisbee and was leavin the fastball up last week against the tribe...hes gonna be alright still coverted 2/3 but either way i no hermansons a pre dominant SU man but he seems like a relaible arm outta the pen to close the game if shingo struggles...have confidence guys shingo will be alright as long as he can keep hitters out front with that deadly frisbee pitch

I also believe Ozzie had Hermanson warming before we took the lead in case it went longer. It's always best if you can pitch the reliever if they have warmed. He could have pitch Hermanson then went to Shingo but as I said earlier I like what he did.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 09:01 PM)
:gosox3:  :gosox3:  :gosox3:

Great work by the pen tonight.

Agreed. Retiring 10 of the 11 batters faced. Marte looked flat-out dominant out there in racking up strikeouts on all three batters he faced, and it was great to see Vizzie get the win.

Major props goes to Contreras for not losing composure after allowing an early 3-0 Cleveland lead tho. To allow his team to come back and win this game displays much character on his part.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 09:17 PM)
A sweep tomorrow would be great, but it's not necessary.  As long as we win series, we're in good shape. :gosox3:

That's so Jerry Manual-ish. Never be satisfied with 2/3 when you can get the sweep! Tonight was a sweet win for one main reason: the Count showed some resiliency out there. When he gave up run #3 in the 2nd, I thought it was going to be a rough outing, but then he did a great job shutting them down until the homer in the 7th. It was really a great effort by the Count, even if it doesn't show up as a win, helping his ERA or Ks or win contribution.