White Sox @ Tribe Game Thread (4/14, 6:05 p.m. CT)

Jabroni

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not necessarily off topic becaue it was brought up but...our 3b "situation"

Im going to say it again. Ryan Freel. The guys a scrapper and definitely stuck on Cincy's bench. Im a little less high on him now with that DUI business, but you have to admit that he would be a nice fit statistically.

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 06:30 PM)
Willie is a good player, I dont get why everyone quit on him cuz he only stole 19 bases or struggled VS LH's

Hes still solid

Or gets picked off. :ph34r:

QUOTE(ZeroHour @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 07:29 PM)

Im going to say it again.  Ryan Freel.  The guys a scrapper and definitely stuck on Cincy's bench.  Im a little less high on him now with that DUI business, but you have to admit that he would be a nice fit statistically.

i do like freel kids a good athlete but arent the reds still high on the kid despite the

DUI charges??

Willie never struck me as a patient slap hitter. Just a hacker with no power at times. He, I want him to be great, but I never saw much plate dicipline out of him, no true understanding of the situation.

Until this year so far. Hes be getting it done, just like ozuna and perez to form a nice "utility platoon"

good teams need guys like that and this one needs willie.

Willie ...

Nice RBI, promptly gets picked off.

He should definitely know better than to get that far out and get picked off from a right handed pitcher.

QUOTE(ZeroHour @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 12:29 AM)

Im going to say it again.  Ryan Freel.  The guys a scrapper and definitely stuck on Cincy's bench.  Im a little less high on him now with that DUI business, but you have to admit that he would be a nice fit statistically.

Freel has a drug problem. In the minors, he had a problem (this was like 3 years ago).

QUOTE(peanut33tillman @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 12:31 AM)
i do like freel kids a good athlete but arent the reds still high on the kid despite the

DUI charges??

Hes currently fighting new hometown favorite Joe Randa for PT at third (and Cincy "uberprospect" Encarnacion in the long term) and the ghost of Brandon Larson. In the middle infield, the Reds are pretty happy with D'Angelo and Aurilla.

That infield, while not stacked, makes Freel the odd man out in Cincy.

QUOTE(ZeroHour @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
Hes currently fighting new hometown favorite Joe Randa for PT at third (and Cincy "uberprospect" Encarnacion in the long term) and the ghost of Brandon Larson.  In the middle infield, the Reds are pretty happy with D'Angelo and Aurilla.

That infield, while not stacked, makes Freel the odd man out in Cincy.

Freel played a little OF aswell last year but he wont be seeing any action with dunn, ken pussy jr, willy mo and kearns out there...poor guy

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 12:36 AM)
Check Harris's pitches per ab, hes pretty high for the White Sox.

Also 19 sb for a rookie is not that bad, he did lead the White Sox.

SB

Up until a few games ago, I never thought of Harris as a situation hitter, thats all I was trying to say. Ill happily concede to your stats on the patience.

I dont want him to suck. He is getting it done now that hes not the annointed 2B.

I just think that the best he can ever be is a guy who does the little things, every team needs those players. This year he is showing promise in that capcity more than in the past.