White Sox @ Tribe Game Thread (4/14, 6:05 p.m. CT)

Jabroni

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take us and the under.

Last night was a great win because our 7-8-9 hitters came through.

I like your signature but I would add Crede on there as well. You might be asking why. Because I'm still not convinced Lee had to be traded to get Pods. Who do they have playing 3B? Russell Branyan. He's played as much in LF as he has in 3B & he's a better LF than 3B. They wanted a RH HR hitter that good fill a hole in the field they have. Lee has avg'd less than 10HR more than Crede in the past 2 seasons. Crede costs less than Pods. I've heard the salary dump argument & I don't buy that either. The 3 new guys Dye, Pods, & Viz will consume all off Lee's 16.5M/2yr. Possibly more depending on arbitration. Did we really need Viz? Was he worth trading Lee?

Trading Crede of course means either signing a FA 3B, playing Fields, Ozuna, or bidding on Nakamara. The Sox were rumored to have interest in Naka but that seemed short-lived. In my opinion they just felt Crede's potential far exceeded that of any other player they could get to play 3B. They weren't ready to give up on him. Having made that decision the choice was then whittled down to Lee or Koney & they just like Koney better.

I think it's ironic because Lee epitomizes speed & power. He's 15SB/yr avg of the last 2 yrs is amongst the leaders on the team. Defensively he's had his share of web gems. Is improvement over the years has led to his defense helping the Sox much more than it hurts it.

As the year plays out I think most Lee Sox fans will be watching his progress as well as Pods, Crede's, Koney's, Dye's, & Maggs. It's definitely got to be Kenny's most controversial trade to date.

Of course all of that is overshadowed by Kenny's most important trade for the 2005 season: Carl Everett. He's playing at an MVP type level right now. Even better than Lee. Yes, Kenny traded 5 players to get him these past seasons but Carl's always produced for the Sox.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 06:07 PM)
I like your signature but I would add Crede on there as well.  You might be asking why.  Because I'm still not convinced Lee had to be traded to get Pods.

Check Crede's salary, then check CLee's.

You don't "buy" the salary dump theory? Hmmmmmm....well, I won't even bother then.