World of Warcraft

sox4lifeinPA

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is awesome. I do not play it, but I watch it all the time in my neighbors. He is a level 45. Three of my other friends are 60s. I would play it, but costs alot of money. I don't like alot of stuff like that, but there is so much to it, you can't help but watch it. I give it a thumbs up, and that is from a guy who only plays baseball and grand theft autos.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 12:05 AM)
id still saying after playing all 3... EQ2, WOW, and EQ1..... EQ1 is still the best out of all of them... but currently i dont play any... WoW has the least content available of the 3 once you reach the max level though.

"AND THE TRUTH....SHALL SET YOU FREE!!!"

Thats exactly right Soxfan101. I still play EQ1, tried both of the others and was less than thrilled with the content.

I think this is the game that one of the guys I work with has actually started to believe he is in. He started missing work, staying up all night, talking about it non-stop like it was real.

Nobody has seen him since his doctors placed him on lithium.

I'm serious.

I guess that is a "good recommendation" of sorts as to how good the game is. :headshake

:lol: great responses from everyone.

My brother played for a couple months and then got a girlfriend, so he quit cold turkey. He sent it to me with a month left on his subscription. I bought an extra month and enjoy it, but don't let it take over my life. Every once and a while I could see why some people could get sucked in... I mean... what loser spends countless hours staying up late and neglecting real relationships in exchange for interacting with "e-friends" in an artificial environment?

right.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 04:15 AM)
"AND THE TRUTH....SHALL SET YOU FREE!!!"

Thats exactly right Soxfan101. I still play EQ1, tried both of the others and was less than thrilled with the content.

I played EQ1 on and off for quite a long time. Dating back to sophomore year of high school (1999) and finally stopping for the most part a few months ago. I really enjoyed the game at times and it really got to me at times. I will probably never find a game that I enjoyed quite as much as this.

Capn, what server do you play on? Class/race/level stuff like that. Just interested to hear what you think of it now.

I really think the game went downhill after Velious once Verant got out of the game and it was strictly Sony doing the content and expansions. Just seemed like a big time money sink after a while.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 01:34 AM)
I played EQ1 on and off for quite a long time.  Dating back to sophomore year of high school (1999) and finally stopping for the most part a few months ago.  I really enjoyed the game at times and it really got to me at times.  I will probably never find a game that I enjoyed quite as much as this.

Capn, what server do you play on?  Class/race/level stuff like that.  Just interested to hear what you think of it now. 

I really think the game went downhill after Velious once Verant got out of the game and it was strictly Sony doing the content and expansions.  Just seemed like a big time money sink after a while.

SFF, I duo a 70 Iksar BL and 70 Human Chanter on Prexus actually. I still enjoy the game immensely to be honest. Something to do when there isn't much else going on. PoP is still my favorite expansion, but DoN(the latest one) is really pretty solid.

• 1 year later...
QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Nov 30, 2006 -> 11:42 PM)
Yeah. Well, no. My girlfriend loves it. I have a friend whose Lover works for Blizzard, though, and I got my girlfriend a beta copy of the Expansion Pack so she got to be a tester! And play in advance!

ah...so hook ups if I vote for you? :lol:

I already sent an email asking my friend if his girl has another expansion to email out but I wouldn't suggest you get your hopes up as the release is so soon that I doubt it at this point.

But if he replies with a yes, I'll certainly send it and you don't have to vote for me, either. Just cook at my wedding.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 30, 2006 -> 10:36 PM)
So a year and a half later....anyone else playing this? Ready for the expansion? :lol: ...crickets.

I played it for about a week...got only to level 14 and quit because it was boring. I thought it had a lot of potential and I did want to go deeper into the game, but since all I was doing was leveling up through ridiculously boring quests and not going through a story and fighting bosses and such, I quit.

One of my friends used to play this a ton.

The way i understand it is that gold is used to buy things or help your character have better attributes and stuff. So yeah, there are gold farmers or what not that play the game to attain some gold, then sell it to normal gamers who are willing to pay cash for something that can be used in the game (the gold).

I found it very ridiculous that this goes on.

Gold farmers are usually called chinese farmers in WoW lingo lol. A lot of asian people play on US servers so they can get all the good spots for money etc. Also like people will have 2-3 of em and literally be on 24/7 just to get some 60's on the account and than sell it for money.

I played WoW for awhile but I got bored of it pretty fast and after the first couple of months just played to chill with my friend. I told him im quitting so he sold his account for 400 dollars because he had all that amazing gear and crap and i gave him mine for free because he is still addicted to it.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 1, 2006 -> 07:55 AM)
My son was just telling me someone offered him cash for his gold. Amazing. I could see this concept morphing into a gambling site with a little effort.

In Game Gold Buyer and Seller

not that I advocate this, but I've heard sites like this are good. I might write a book one day called "If I bought powerleveling, this is how I'd do it" :D

QUOTE(CrimsonWeltall @ Dec 1, 2006 -> 08:22 AM)
Much of the gameplay in WoW is so tedious and repetitive that some people find it easier to just pay real dollars to other people to get in-game gold, items, or stronger characters.

it can be tedious.... it doesn't have to be, but it often does.