Neal Focking Cotts

sox-r-us

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question. Gotta love a reliever who's wild and walks alot of guys. :headshake

The only thing that's saving him a roster spot is that he's a lefty and he can come on in long relief.

Edited by Jabroni

Where's the Fire Ozzie thread....

his wheel play cost us, not cotts walk.

reconstruct the inning with a DP(cuz that's what that ball was) in stead of the wheel play.

Tie Game, 6-6.

If you don't want to put any of the blame on tonight's game on Cotts, that's fine. I'm sure he will blow a game for us in the near future.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
Where's the Fire Ozzie thread....

his wheel play cost us, not cotts walk.

reconstruct the inning with a DP(cuz that's what that ball was) in stead of the wheel play.

Tie Game, 6-6.

:nono

You can't assume double plays. Cotts f***ing sucked tonight.

Ozzie sucks with his tinkering ....I already had a thread on that.

But why is the other LH reliever who did well in the ST games not here instead of Botch

Kevin Walker. I'm thinking Cotts is only here because he can long relieve in case one of our starters gets rocked early in a game.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 01:59 PM)
Ozzie sucks with his tinkering ....I already had a thread on that.

But why is the other LH reliever who did well in the ST games not here instead of Botch

Kevin Walker. 0-1, 13.50 ERA for Charlotte. ;)

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
Well, even if Walker isn't the guy that doesn't mean Cotts deserves a roster spot either.

And how many appearances has Cotts had so far? I was for him starting in AAA but that didn't happen, but that doesn't mean the solution is going to be better than the problem.

And how many appearances has Cotts had so far? I was for him starting in AAA but that didn't happen, but that doesn't mean the solution is going to be better than the problem.

He hasn't been any good for the entire 3 years that he's been on the roster and he hasn't gained any control either. He's still the same wild pitcher.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 09:55 PM)
Good question.  Gotta love a reliever who's wild and walks alot of guys. :headshake

The only thing that's saving him a roster spot is that he's a lefty and he can come on in long relief.

Long relief? Like tonight?

I guess he was just biding his time while 3 runs scored until he felt like.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 02:10 PM)
He hasn't been any good for the entire 3 years that he's been on the roster and he hasn't gained any control either.  He's still the same wild pitcher.

This is his 2nd year as a reliever now. Cotts's stats are perplexing, but right now he's still the best option. He goes through flunks (0.90 ERA last April), but he improved his K/BB ratio from about 1.5 to 2.5 after the All Star Break last season. He's there as our 6th option in the pen, if there's a better pitcher right now who should be taking his spot, suggest it, but just be glad we've got Shingo, Hermanson, Vizcaino, Politte and Marte in front of him.

Just because you're a Sox fan doesn't mean you're automatically forced to defend our scrubs. You can admit that we have our share of crappy players and still be a Sox fan. It isn't a crime.

The fact is that Cotts and Cruddy are our scrubs.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 02:24 PM)
Just because you're a Sox fan doesn't mean you're automatically forced to defend our scrubs.  You can admit that we have our share of crappy players and still be a Sox fan.  It isn't a crime.

The fact is that Cotts and Cruddy are our scrubs.

And how much are they costing us? If you're bagging Cruddy every second, why not Juan Uribe as well? In the last 7 days, Crede has an AVG of .286, and you know he's going to pick it up on his power stroke. Every team has problems, but it's when you get desperate and start looking into players like THE Vinny Castilla, (for an extra what approx $3 mill BTW) that there lies your problem. We have Josh Fields, and he'll be ready by 2007, Crede knows he's on thin ice this season, and has motivation to play well. Hell, let's bag A-Row while we're it because he's been hitting real bad except for the last 2 days. :nono

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)
Yes, because Cruddy is going to hit for a higher average than those guys this season, right? :lol:

Dye and Uribe are making what about $7,500,000-$8,000,000 combined this season right? And Crede about $400,000 IIRC. I'll remember this statement if Crede turns it around don't worry.