Mariners @ Sox Game Thread (4/17, 2:05 p.m. CT)

Jabroni

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What has happened to Garcia's stuff? Even last start, his fastball seemed a lot slower than in seasons past, and he's not throwing his splitter/changeup like he did last season. Just compare the stuff he has now to the first start he made for the Sox vs the Twins last year. There's no comparison.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 01:12 PM)
What has happened to Garcia's stuff?  Even last start, his fastball seemed a lot slower than in seasons past, and he's not throwing his splitter/changeup like he did last season.  Just compare the stuff he has now to the first start he made for the Sox vs the Twins last year.  There's no comparison.

He's coming out of the gates awfully slow, but I wouldn't worry. This guy is simply too talented to forget how to pitch. He'll find his form as we progress.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 03:12 PM)
What has happened to Garcia's stuff?  Even last start, his fastball seemed a lot slower than in seasons past, and he's not throwing his splitter/changeup like he did last season.  Just compare the stuff he has now to the first start he made for the Sox vs the Twins last year.  There's no comparison.

To me he's always been one of those guys who gets better as the game goes on.

Let's hope the same holds true with this start today but he just left the pitch to Ibanez up and out over the plate.

If he wants to pitch well consistently at home (and this goes for all of our starters) you have to work the corners and keep the ball down.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 07:12 PM)

Since he put on a Sox uni., the guy has made me very nervpus. Seems to give up the long ball and get into a lot of jams. His numbers don't tell the whole story. C'mon Freddy.

Anyone else have an opinion on Iguchi bunting in the first inning down 2-0 after the leadoff hitter was walked? I think it's too early in the game to start playing for one run, especially with the ball seemingly jumping out of the park.

I don't know about for the rest of you, but the quality of the picture on CSN is 100 times better than FSN was for me in the past.

Of course I'm getting the feed over DirecTV so that could have something to do with it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
Anyone else have an opinion on Iguchi bunting in the first inning down 2-0 after the leadoff hitter was walked?  I think it's too early in the game to start playing for one run, especially with the ball seemingly jumping out of the park.

Really looks like a bad idea now.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 07:16 PM)
Since he put on a Sox uni., the guy has made me very nervpus. Seems to give up the long ball and get into a lot of jams. His numbers don't tell the whole story.  C'mon Freddy.

He was perfect for seattle because it was a big ball park. Here he needs to buckle down as aboz said. Meche loves pitching against the sox. this will be a long game if we don't squeek at a couple of cheap runs.

I just hated the idea of giving up the first out of a game with a sacrifice bunter, especially when the pitcher walked the leadoff hitter. Just like with Pineiro on Friday night, you're letting the pitcher off the hook. There's no chance that this game will end up with the final score of 2-0.