Sox 2005 Introductions

BridgeportHeather

Today was the first time I was able to see the introductions, since I got to the ballpark yesterday just in time to see Buehrle's first pitch, and I have to say that, even though Thunderstruck is back in the introductions, I am MAJORLY disappointed!!!

The first half of the whole thing seems hugely WEAK compared to what they did last year and the year before. The music they had last year, coupled with showing images of Sox past, and then kicking it up by introducing each player individually to Thunderstruck sent chills up and down my spine every time I heard it.

First off, the music they do the whole thing to before introducing the players is rather lame in my book. Secondly, it just doesn't seem to have the same appeal as the outstanding graphics of past years. In addition, you do not "salad bowl" images in Sox history together...You organize them according to era, as was done last year...And finally, the transition from that to Thunderstruck is done very poorly.

Hopefully they can bring back what they had last year, because what I saw today just doesn't do it for me...

Edited by BridgeportHeather

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 07:06 AM)
So glad I only care about the wins and losses.. I would go absolutely batty if I worried about half the stupid crap complained about...

Haha, I was just wondering the same thing... Intros?? I dont even know why they even have intros, this isnt professional wrestling..

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 10:56 AM)
Haha, I was just wondering the same thing... Intros?? I dont even know why they even have intros, this isnt professional wrestling..

Don't get me wrong.. I like the "Sox fans.. on your feet...." stuff.. but it doesn't consume me and I forget about it the minute the first pitch is thrown. I didn't even remember that Thurderstruck was missing from opening day... I missed Dave's "neeexxxtttttt" more.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 07:06 AM)
So glad I only care about the wins and losses.. I would go absolutely batty if I worried about half the stupid crap complained about...

Man, those blue seat have got to go. Then we'd sell the place out! :D

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 09:57 AM)
Don't get me wrong.. I like the "Sox fans.. on your feet...." stuff.. but it doesn't consume me and I forget about it the minute the first pitch is thrown. I didn't even remember that Thurderstruck was missing from opening day... I missed Dave's "neeexxxtttttt" more.

Well at the Astros games they just have the train go off and then there is music playing in the background and they put the players picture on the screen and just say name pos. and batting order.. and then its on to the game.. I dont really care too much about intros, just wanna see the game.. thats what matters the most

To us, we go every chance we can get, the whole non-baseball fringe stuff is just window dressing. I understand. I obsess over stats and fundamentals, and watching good baseball. I keep score alot too.

Im not going to get into a whole philospohical debate because I accept that no amount of AC/DC can change the outcome of the game.

However, USCF is a modern park, it would be a shame to ignore all of the Jumbotron/sound system fun you can have.

I think the new intros are going to rock a filled up Cell tonight. Rival in town, jsut my opinion.

Well all be loving it, if we care to, once the games start to mean even more.

Again, I think its slick.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 01:21 PM)
This sounded funny after reading the whole Frank-Ozzie argument. :P

Anyone here for any length of time will remember the "female fan" who tore Kenny a new rear for running his mouth about personal player s*** at Sox Fest 2 years ago.. That is my only off the field pet peeve.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 03:57 PM)

you just miss Dave.

QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 02:43 PM)
i know I have been listening on XM radio.

Anyone have an over/under of how long it takes him to end up back in a White Sox booth, and who he will replace?

-Rooney was supposedly interested in a St Louis job a few years ago, but wasn't allowed to interview.

-Hawk is no spring chicken anymore.

-DJ could be replaced anytime and it would suprise no one.