4/18/05 Official Game Thread: Sox vs. Cakes

I know it's kinda early, but I thought I'd get this going for good luck...

I'll be at the game once again and hope for a Sox winner. We've gotta get wins against the Twinkies early in the season to help "set the tone" for the rest of the season.

Here's hoping that Contreras brings his A game to the table and that "smart ball" wins out in the end...

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BridgeportHeather @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)
I know it's kinda early, but I thought I'd get this going for good luck...

I'll be at the game once again and hope for a Sox winner.  We've gotta get wins against the Twinkies early in the season to help "set the tone" for the rest of the season.

Here's hoping that Contreras brings his A game to the table and that "smart ball" wins out in the end...

I'll be there too. Scott should hopefully be back in the lineup which should help get the offense back in sink. Hopefully Jose can throw strikes tomorrow and we can take the first game of this series :headbang

QUOTE(BridgeportHeather @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 02:16 PM)
Would you go if TheBigHurtBEGOOD was there, or if SuperSteve launched the x-bomb on you if you didn't come??? ;)

Ahh yes the old chat days. Sadly no, the way how expensive flights to the US are, but your point is well taken Heather.

QUOTE(The Bones @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 12:02 AM)
It sucks that this game is on WCIU and the 2nd game is on CSN+ because the Bulls game on Tuesday. I won't be able to see either game against our division rivals and we don't play them again until the middle of August.

You're at ISU, right? Try going to Elroy's...They usually have all the area games on the tv screens. If not, ask them if they would put it on, and they usually will. That's what I did sometimes while I was at ISU, and they generally were nice about it. They get satellite TV there.

Edited by BridgeportHeather

QUOTE(BridgeportHeather @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 12:04 AM)
You're at ISU, right?  Try going to Elroy's...They usually have all the area games on the tv screens.  If not, ask them if they would put it on, and they usually will.  That's what I did sometimes while I was at ISU, and they generally were nice about it.  They get satellite TV there.

Thanks for the advice. I might just have to do that for at least one of the games. Too big of a series to miss.

:gosox4:

WCIU...such a waste of good Sox baseball!! Guess I'll be watching it on mlb.tv again. Contemplating a trip up to Chicago sometime soon, although last time I came up, I drove by myself and swore I'd never do it again...but its the Sox!

No splits in this series, lets take both of these games guys!

:gosox1:

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 10:17 PM)
The best part is, if the Sox win the first two games of THIS series, we won't have to worry about a sweep.... :D

All I know is Contreras and Duque better not walk 9 batters between the 2 of em like they did last time or we'll be lucky not to get swept ourselves.