Game thread 4-19 Sox .vs. Twinkees

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad Radke vs. El Duque

120878.jpg @ 133340.jpg

Brad Radke vs. Sox (2005 stats)          El Duque vs. Twinkies (2005 stats)
1 start                                  1 start
0-1 record                               1-0 record
7.37 ERA                                 1.28 ERA
6.1 IP                                   7.0 IP
6 H                                      6 H
6 R                                      1 R
5 ER                                     1 ER
2 HR                                     0 HR
0 BB                                     0 BB
2 K                                      5 K

:gosox2:

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 06:46 AM)
I have to LOL at the title becasue I was sitting in parking lot of the Cell last night after the game and some guy was walking back to his car with a sign

GIT'R'DONE......

We have a lesbian at bowling that says this allllll the time in a surley deep growling voice.. she's a weird-o.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 11:25 PM)
Worst.Catchphrase.Evar.

That's an awful catchphrase for sure, but I think "here's your sign" is pretty stupid as well.

Ron White aside, there's a lot to NOT like about that redneck comedy team.

...sorry for the hijack, folks.....GO WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!

Let's hope El Duque can pitch like he did against the Twinkies the 1st time. If he does, I definitely like our chances, so long as the run support is there. Pods and Iguchi need to set the tone at the top of the order, while Konerko and Everett are hitting bombs. As usual, some production from the lower part of the order is needed.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 08:31 AM)
She doesn't sound like a lipstick lesbian.

That she aint... :unsure:

Hot... ummm.. no. And surprisingly.. she is not avaliable. Her girlfriend is a little plump. ;)

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 06:46 AM)
I have to LOL at the title becasue I was sitting in parking lot of the Cell last night after the game and some guy was walking back to his car with a sign

GIT'R'DONE......

Was it the same guy that had the "DRINK BEER" sign?

Notes for Game 2, hopefully the Sweeper:

White Sox go for the sweep again

Minnesota (8-5) at White Sox (9-4), 7:05 p.m. CT

Which Orlando Hernandez will step to the mound Tuesday night for the White Sox? The one who shut down the Twins for seven innings in his season debut victory at the Metrodome on April 8, or the "El Duque" who struggled to throw strikes at Jacobs Field in a five-inning stint in his second start?

The White Sox certainly hope they see the former. After Jose Contreras' short stint during Monday's 5-4 victory over Minnesota, the bullpen was a bit taxed and could benefit from a longer outing from Hernandez.

Chicago is once again in position to sweep a series, but dropped the finale of each of the first four series.

The White Sox sit one game ahead of the Twins in the American League Central standings. After Tuesday night's contest, the two clubs will not meet again until Aug. 15.

Pitching matchup

CWS: RHP Orlando Hernandez

• 1-1, 3.75 ERA

• 1-0, 1.29 in 2005 vs. MIN

MIN: RHP Brad Radke

• 1-2, 5.59 ERA

• 0-1, 6.08 in 2005 vs. CWS

Player to watch

Joe Crede has been on a tear at the plate. He has hit in nine straight games. He also has some impressive numbers against Tuesday's opposition, going 11-for-33 with four doubles and a home run against Radke.

Quotable

"I didn't feel anything different. If he called it a balk, it's a balk. I didn't ask him. I didn't feel I did anything wrong but he did, so it was a balk." -- Contreras said about his fifth-inning balk that scored a run for the Twins on Monday.

On television

• CWS: CSN

• MIN: Fox Sports Net

On radio

• CWS: 94.7 The Zone

• MIN: WCCO Radio

Quick hits

The White Sox are 5-0 in the first game of each series this year. ... The Sox have hit a home run in five consecutive games, the longest streak of the season so far. ... Contreras posted his third straight no-decision on Monday.

On deck

• Wednesday: at Detroit, 7:05 p.m. CT

• Thursday: at Detroit, 7:05 p.m. CT

• Friday: at Kansas City, 7:05 p.m. CT

:gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1:

That may have been the White Sox best game to date this year. Why?

1-Crede saved the day, Everett gave us the win, & the bullpen held up.

2-The Twins were given 2 "gift" runs.

So despite the luck falling the Twinkees way again personal effort got the Sox the win.

Cotts continued to prove to be useless, but Vizcaino defied the odds by pitching another inning. I've got no problem tempting fate with him for a 2nd inning of work. Especially when he looks sharp & on his game. But if he puts some one on you've got to yank him.

Hermanson was his good ole reliable self & Shingo held the fort after surrendering a HR. About the only questionable Oz call was yanking Contreras early for Cotts. But since we don't know his real age limiting him to around 100 pitches is probably a safe bet.

Joe is proving me a believer. I have to admit when I heard he had built the batting cage in his home I was impressed as well. Those kind of things make you want to cheer a player. Crede now has 11H in his last 11 gms & some of them have been difference makers. His 250A is good for 3rd on the team amongst every day players. Way to go Joe!

Joe's making me a believer of the Lee trade. Lee's hitting 204 right now, & as he goes so goes the Brewers. Dropping from 1st to 4th. If not Lee then it would have been Crede or Koney. They were the only ones with enough power to fit that bill. Both Crede & Koney have won games for the Sox this April.

It's Radke vs El Duque tonight. I'm expecting nothing less than a quality start from El Duque & a sweep of the Twinkees.