Game thread 4-19 Sox .vs. Twinkees

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
I totally agree with that, but when a hitter is seeing a pitcher for the 4th time in a game, and the pitcher is tiring, then it's usually a better bet to go to the fresh pitcher who the batter hasn't seen that game.  It just seemed like last year, the starting pitcher for the Sox always seemed to give up a hit to his last batter in a big situation.

That might be true, but as weak as our starters were last year, the bullpen was MUCH weaker.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys I'm using MLB.com and ofcourse can not see a thing. What the hell is up with Hernandez getting in these big jams, is it just bad pitching (I heard he threw Hunter 2 ephesz (sp?) pitches) and afterwards he gets out of them, is it just poor pitching and great pitching afterwards??? Also is there anyone warming up in the pen.. :pray

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)
What is the fascination with Timo Perez and Ozzie having him bat 5th in the line up? Everett could play the OF and Gload could DH once in awhile I think. Geez why aren't I the manager?

Or Rowand could play RF and Willie can play CF. Man, I can manage, too. :D

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 02:02 AM)
Row looked out to me, good try though

How? When Rivas touched him, Rowand was clearly on the base. Problem is that the umpire wasn't looking to see if Rowand was on the base, he just assumed he had already overslid 2nd base.