White Sox @ Royal-ly Garbage 4-22-05

SoxFan1

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 08:04 PM)
Ok, what's the unofficial rule about when a game thread can go up? How soon before I see the game 1 ALCS thread?

We need to take 2 minimum from KC. You have to beat up and get fat on the teams that you are supposed to beat, good teams do that.

The April 4th 2005 Opening Day game thread was started in the middle of ST. Feast on that lol...

Garcia vs. Hernandez

150119.jpg @ 424465.jpg

Freddy Garcia vs. Royals (2004 stats)     Runelvys Hernandez vs. Sox (2003 stats)
                                          [did not pitch in 2004 due to Tommy John surgery]
2 starts                                  4 starts
1-0 record                                2-1 record
11.0 IP                                   19.2 IP
4.91 ERA                                  6.41 ERA
1.45 WHIP                                 1.63 WHIP
.295 BAA                                  .263 BAA
13 H                                      20 H
6 R                                       15 R
6 ER                                      14 ER
1 HR                                      4 HR
3 BB                                      12 BB
13 K                                      9 K

GO SOX!!! :gosox3:

Edited by Jabroni

Garcia is overdue for the type of outing that we expect from him. That last effort against Seattle was less than stellar. Buehrle battled today and picked up a much deserved win. Now lets see Garcia go out there and give us

7 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 6 Ks

:gosox3:

Notes for KC Series, Game 1:

Garcia will try to win at night

White Sox (12-4) at Kansas City (5-11), 7:10 p.m. CT

Freddy Garcia has proven he can get the job done in bright sunshine and during afternoon starts. Now, the right-hander wants the same winning results against Kansas City on Friday during his first night start of 2005.

Garcia has a 5-6 career record against the Royals, with a 5.71 ERA. Runelvys Hernandez opposes Garcia, and will be making his first start against the White Sox since 2003. Hernandez is 2-2 with a 6.49 ERA in five career appearances against the White Sox.

Manager Ozzie Guillen will try to get Ross Gload a start at first base during this three-game set. But with right-handers starting all three nights for Kansas City, it's not certain when the left-handed hitting Gload will be in the lineup.

The White Sox have won four in a row. They also have won six of their last seven and have not lost any of their six series this season.

Pitching matchup

CWS: RHP Freddy Garcia

• 1-1, 3.43 ERA in 2005

• 1-0, 4.91 in 2004 vs. KC

KC: RHP Runelvys Hernandez

• 1-2, 4.19 ERA in 2005

• Did not face the White Sox in 2004

Player to watch

After snapping a 0-for-11 funk Wednesday night with two hits and four RBIs, Jermaine Dye went hitless in three at-bats Thursday -- despite driving in a first-inning run with a bases-loaded walk. But Dye should be ready to produce against one of his former teams. He has a .295 average with 44 home runs and 164 RBIs at Kauffman Stadium.

Quotable

"I try not to think about it or make things too complicated. I made it my gameplan to throw it as hard as I could to A.J.'s glove." -- White Sox reliever Shingo Takatsu on pitching a perfect ninth on Thursday, for his fifth save

On television

• CWS: WCIU-TV

• KC: RSTN

On radio

• CWS: ESPN Radio, AM 1000

• KC: WHB

Quick hits

A.J. Pierzynski recorded his third two-hit game of the season Thursday, raising his career average against the Tigers to .354 ... Joe Crede's second-inning double Thursday extended his hitting streak to 12 games, a new career high  ... Mark Buehrle has pitched at least six innings in 32 straight starts ... Dustin Hermanson is unscored upon over seven games and 7 2/3 innings this season ... The White Sox have a 6-2 road record, a 5-2 record during the day and are 2-0 on this current eight-game road trip. They are 10-3 against the American League Central.

On deck

• Saturday: at Kansas City, 6:10 p.m. CT

• Sunday: at Kansas City, 1:10 p.m. CT

• Monday: at Oakland, 9:05 p.m. CT

C'mon Freddy!!

:gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1:

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 02:55 PM)
Kansas s***ty can't mess with us. 

I predict a sweep.

I'm with you on that...we need to pummel these bad teams into the ground. At the very least, win the series. :gosox3: