Sox @ A'ss Game Thread (4/26 @ 9:05 p.m. CT)

Jabroni

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 03:13 AM)
Man, Dye is putting some good hacks on the ball.

That 2-1 foul was laced.

Dude, I'm happy Dye got a double this game, but that was a flare off the end of the bat. He's still stranded 4 guys on base today.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 09:15 PM)
Dude, I'm happy Dye got a double this game, but that was a flare off the end of the bat.  He's still stranded 4 guys on base today.

That was not a flare. It wasn't hit as hard as Hawk made it seem like it, but nonetheless, it was hit hard.

Baby steps, fathom. Before today, he wasn't even hitting the ball -- period. And if he was, he was hitting nubbers or pop-ups. But you could see he's starting to feel comfortable -- and that's huge. We need his pop in the five spot...

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 03:16 AM)
That was not a flare.  It wasn't hit as hard as Hawk made it seem like it, but nonetheless, it was hit hard.

The ball that went foul down the LF line? To me, it looked like it would have been a blooper down the line. Anyways, it is nice to see Dye swinging with more authority. He hasn't been aggressive at the plate at all this year, and is getting down in the count early and often because of it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 10:18 PM)
I have to admit, I flipped over to the Cubs game to see the last out after Dye's foul ball.  Was his liner to right field hit hard?

Yes it was, drilled right at him.

Mark's got 1st and 3rd 1 out...HOW BOUT A BIG DP