Mags out for 3 months

JDsDirtySox

2-3 months for hernia surgery? Ouch -- he must have waited a couple months too long to get the surgey. I've had two of them (hereditary), one when I was a lot younger, and one two summers ago. The doctor said that if I'd waited a couple weeks longer, I would have been in a lot of pain, and it would have been really bad.

Instead, luckily, I was only off my feet for a month. But ouch -- two to three months.

And isn't the only out in that contract if Magglio hurts his knee? So, even though he'll be on the DL fo almost half the season, he still gets his money?

If that's true -- then Boras absolutely ass-raped Illitch and Detroit...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 10:50 PM)
If that's true -- then Boras absolutely ass-raped Illitch and Detroit...

Boras ass-raped the Tigers regardless of Maggs injury. He aint worth that kind of money. I feel bad for Maggs in that I don't wish injury upon anyone, but I sure don't feel bad for the Tigers.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 06:04 PM)
I thought he had to play a set amount of games regardless....maybe I am wrong..which wouldn't be a 1st...

Magglio Ordoñez: signed 5-year deal worth 75M on 2/7/05- + the deal includes 2 option years that could value the deal at 105M- + he will receive a 6M signing bonus and a 6M salary in 2005, then salaries of 15M in 2006, 12M in 2007, 15M in 2008 and 18M in 2009- + the deal includes a Team Option for 2010 worth 15M or a 3M buyout- + the deal also includes a Team Option for 2011 worth 15M with no buyout- + his options can become guaranteed if he has 135 starts or 540 plate appearances in the previous season, or 270 starts or 1,080 plate appearances in the previous two seasons- + if the 2010 option becomes guaranteed under the above clause, then his salary would be 18M and if the 2011 option becomes guaranteed, the salary would still be 15M- + contract can be voided after the 2005 season if he spends 25 or more days on the DL for a recurrence of osteochondritis condition (a left knee injury)- + the signing bonus, payable in Nov. 2005, does not have to paid if he is on the DL for 25 or more days for the above knee injury- + award bonuses he can earn include: 500K for MVP; 1M for a second MVP award; 200k for finishing second through fifth in the MVP voting; 50k for All-Star selection as a reserve; 100K for winning the Hank Aaron award; 200K if named World Series MVP; and 150K if he's named League Championship Series MVP; and 100K if he's named a postseason All-Star after not making the midseason All-Star team Agent: Scott Boras
Edited by qwerty

The contract is knee only because the risk is a reoccuring injury, not the potential that Maggs may have a completely non-related career ending injury.

And if the Tigers try and get out of the contract, they better have a few Dr.s who are willing to under oath state that it is a knee problem, because it will go to court.

SB

well i don't feel sorry for anyone. he was always a risk , detriot took a chance and lost. I took a bat to my maggs bobblehead at the beginning of the year

Least of all Ordonez, in terms of feeling sorry for.

He gets paid ... go figure. All of a sudden this guy is coming down with rather strange ailments. I mean, it can happen, but there sure is a funny smell. He was as healthy as a horse here and in addition to the knee situation, a viral ailment and a hernia. Let's get ptatc on this, he'll find out what's what.

Calling ptatc. :bang

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:26 PM)
Least of all Ordonez, in terms of feeling sorry for.

He gets paid ... go figure.  All of a sudden this guy is coming down with rather strange ailments.  I mean, it can happen, but there sure is a funny smell.  He was as healthy as a horse here and in addition to the knee situation, a viral ailment and a hernia.  Let's get ptatc on this, he'll find out what's what.

Calling ptatc. :bang

its the venezuelien doctors!