Zambrainless getting rocked by Reds

Jabroni

My dad was listening to the score the other day and said Hawk was on. Somehow Hawk was talking to George Offman and Hawk asked if the Cubs would take Uribe for Zambrano. Offman said the Cubs would do that deal in a minute.

As bad as Zambrainless is pitching tonight, there's no way the Flubs would trade him for Uribe. Uribe is good but he's no where near the value of Zambrano. Zambrano would have to eat a baby for the Flubs to make that trade.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 07:02 PM)
As bad as Zambrainless is pitching tonight, there's no way the Flubs would trade him for Uribe.  Uribe is good but he's no where near the value of Zambrano.  Zambrano would have to eat a baby for the Flubs to make that trade.

Yeah, I thought it was crazy. The only thing that made it plausable to me was maybe the Cubs are worried about Zambrano's long-term effectiveness. He's doesn't appear to be much of a physical fitness buff. He definitely is a head case. They are going to have to pay him a lot of money pretty soon. They need a SS. There are a lot of people of the opinion that Uribe is currently Miquel Tejada lite, with a possibility of becoming more than that. The Cubs situation is perfect for Zambrano. With Prior and Wood there, he will never be more than a #3 starter. I really question if he has the mental make up to be an ace. I am sure the deal hasn't been discussed, it sounded like it was just radio fun.

Yeah, I thought it was crazy. The only thing that made it plausable to me was maybe the Cubs are worried about Zambrano's long-term effectiveness. He's doesn't appear to be much of a physical fitness buff. He definitely is a head case. They are going to have to pay him a lot of money pretty soon. They need a SS. There are a lot of people of the opinion that Uribe is currently Miquel Tejada lite, with a possibility of becoming more than that. The Cubs situation is perfect for Zambrano. With Prior and Wood there, he will never be more than a #3 starter. I really question if he has the mental make up to be an ace. I am sure the deal hasn't been discussed, it sounded like it was just radio fun.

Ummm, right now Prior is their ace, Zambrano is their #2, and Wood is their #3. And Neifi Perez is hitting like Babe Ruth lately. My prediction: they will keep starting Neifi at SS and not even make a trade for another SS. Busty loves Neifi and the Flubs' payroll is maxed out because of Hendry's horrible offseason. The Tribune could give them more money to spend but why bother? Flubs fans will keep going to the games even if they suck. Afterall, they ARE the "Lovable Losers."

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 07:12 PM)
Ummm, right now Prior is their ace, Zambrano is their #2, and Wood is their #3.  And Neifi Perez is hitting like Babe Ruth lately.  My prediction:  they will keep starting Neifi at SS and not even make a trade for another SS.  Busty loves Neifi and the Flubs' payroll is maxed out because of Hendry's horrible offseason.  The Tribune could give them more money to spend but why bother?  Flubs fans will keep going to the games even if they suck.  Afterall, they ARE the "Lovable Loser."

Prior is their ace, Zambrano their second best pitcher. But there is no way Dusty would put Zambrano ahead of Wood. Remember, even after last year when Zambrano was clearly their best pitcher, Wood was slated to start the opener until he had pain in the shoulder. Neifi is going to have a wicked slump soon. And I agree, they aren't going to spend much money, especially after the Tribune printed the charge the company took for the Sammy Sosa trade, for all the shareholders to see.

Zambrano gives up a bomb to Adam Dunn on a full count.  Then he drills Austin Kearns on the next pitch and is ejected.  What a loser.

That's hilarious, and loser is the right word for him.

He is truly a goofball, and Baker can't control him.

Prior is their ace, Zambrano their second best pitcher. But there is no way Dusty would put Zambrano ahead of Wood. Remember, even after last year when Zambrano was clearly their best pitcher, Wood was slated to start the opener until he had pain in the shoulder. Neifi is going to have a wicked slump soon. And I agree, they aren't going to spend much money, especially after the Tribune printed the charge the company took for the Sammy Sosa trade, for all the shareholders to see.

You are right. The funny thing is that Neifi Perez tearing it up is a bad thing because the Flubs won't trade for a good SS now. Once Neifi comes back to earth, the Flubs will have a gaping hole in their lineup.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 01:22 AM)
Zambrano gives up a bomb to Adam Dunn on a full count.  Then he drills Austin Kearns on the very next pitch and is ejected by the umpire.  What a loser.  6-3 Reds.

This is just ridiculous. Someone needs to do something about this headcase. It seems now everytime he pitches, he gets tossed or blows up on the mound.

MLB needs to suspend him sometime soon.

This is just ridiculous. Someone needs to do something about this headcase. It seems now everytime he pitches, he gets tossed or blows up on the mound.

MLB needs to suspend him sometime soon.

Ron Santo ripped into Zambrano on the radio. He said that Zambrano has hurt his team in the game and in the future because he will likely be suspended.