Yankees go nuts!!

Rowand44

First off they're calling Robinson Cano up, moving womack to left field, Hideki to center and Bernie and Giambi are going to split time at dh. Ok, I really could care less about that but the reason I made this is because they designated Steve Karsay for assignment. Now I'm not sure if there is something wrong with his arm or not, he hasn't been very good this year but he's pitched 6 innings. If this guy is healthy would he be worth a shot?? I know our bullpen is damn good right now but Karsay has been an absolute stud throughout his career, if he's healthy I wouldn't mind signing him to a minor league contract if at all possible.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 2, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
it's been so long since he was healthy but a tryout or minor league job couldn't hurt. From what I gather, Cano isn't ready and I know Womack doesn't have the arm strenght to play left. I think Torre was strong-armed into this

I just think its hilarious that they have a 200 milion dollar payroll and they have to scrape the minor leauges cause their everyday players suck that bad.

:D

Helton's is a little longer but it is the same money. It just would make ZERO sense fo the Rockies to trade their most popular player to an inferior and older player (i think) in Giambi. They wouldn't do it. Would they do it for a package of Gibbons-Daniel Cabrera and Nick Markakis? Maybe. But not yet

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 3, 2005 -> 04:49 AM)
To early.

This is the third team I've heard that is either looking for or would listen. Cubs, Yankees, and to a much lesser extent, the Astros. It's never too early if you can find a trading partner...not that any of these teams match up.

QUOTE(Reddy @ May 3, 2005 -> 02:46 PM)
nothing makes me happier than to see the yankees panic.  i love it!  Looking forward to having a yankee free playoff this year!

that would be nice, how about yankee and red sox and cub free playoff :D even better

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ May 3, 2005 -> 03:50 PM)
that would be nice, how about yankee and red sox and cub free playoff  :D even better

That would be the most perfect playoffs ever (Provided it's teh Sox winning the ALC and the Twins, if anything, getting the wildcard).